Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMZ Ryzen 7 GPU

Hello everyone,
    I'm using DVDFAB version 12.0.6.3 on a new PC with an AMD Ryzen 7-5750GE processor. For testing, I have now ripped a Blu-ray once with AMD-APP GPU support and once without GPU codecst. When ripping with AMD-APP I only get a rate of about 18fps, which was very disappointing. When ripping without GPU support, only calculation via the 16 CPU cores, I still get about 85fps. Is it possible that the AMD APP GPU support is not really used, at least not with this processor?
    Many thanks for your help and answers!

I have attached a file named force_mobile_gpu_accel_encode.rar, please unzip it and then move the empty folder to the root directory of your drive C:, and then run DVDFab, set it to use AMD APP to try again and see the result.

Please zip the whole log folder and send it to us. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mona, as soon as I select the attached file I get the following error message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."

Comment

Originally posted by Misk11 View Post
        Hello Mona, as soon as I select the attached file I get the following error message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."
        I have sent the file through PM as well, please check there.

About the message, please give me a screenshot.

Comment

Hello Mona, I received the following message from you via PM:
          "Dear Misk11, Mona has sent you a private message. You can view the full message at: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/privatemessage/list/57600/1 Here is a preview (may be truncated): About <a href="https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software-support-english/dvdfab-x64/406779-amz-ryzen-7-gpu?p=406779#post406779" target="_blank&qu All the best DVDFab Forum"
          A file attachment was not included, only the link to the forum.
          Best regards Peter

Comment

That's weird, I will send it to your email address, please check if you can get it there.

Comment

Hello Mona,
              I unzipped the file and copied the empty folder to the Windows root directory C:\ as you described. Then I activated AMD APP and ripped a Blu-Ray to DVDFAB, which took about 4 hours at 15-18 fps. After that I checked the directory, but no file was written, i.e. the folder was still empty! Is there anything else I need to consider other than copying the folder to the root directory? Do you have an idea?
              Thanks!
              Greetings Peter

Comment

Hello Mona,
                I unzipped the file and copied the empty folder to the Windows root directory C:\ as you described. Then I activated AMD APP and ripped a Blu-Ray to DVDFAB, which took about 4 hours at 15-18 fps. After that I checked the directory, but no file was written, i.e. the folder was still empty! Is there anything else I need to consider other than copying the folder to the root directory? Do you have an idea?
                Thanks!
                Greetings Peter
                does your computer have all the latest driver updates for your graphics cards & such ??

Comment

Hello Mona,
                  Thanks!
                  Greetings Peter
                  No file will be written to the empty folder we sent you.
                  Do you mean that it didn't create any file in the output directory?
                  Please zip the whole log folder and send it to us. Thanks.

Comment

In your latest log file, you were using a 10bit profile.
                    AMD GPU does not support 10bit encode which is limited by AMD AMF sdk in the driver, you may try hevc normal profile.

Comment

Thank you for the info.
                      I tried the normal HEVC profile, which also worked. In the future, however, I will do the calculation via the CPU and not via the GPU, since the speed is clearly better here.

Comment

Working...
                      X