dvd rip to ext. HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.6.4 (Win) dvd rip to ext. HD

ver.12.0.6.8: why does it take more than 1.5 hours to rip a DVD 7.86G file size disc to an ext. HD. where do I look in the log for the starting time until the ending time (completion) when ripping a DVD disc. more than 1.5 hours is ridiculous....

is the ext HD connected to USB 2 or 3 USB port ??
    Last edited by october262; 04-08-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

yes, previous versions of fab does not take this long. at most 45 mins. or less.
      also I noticed that when the ripping 'counter' reached 99%, there is a 'pause' of 2-3 mins then it changed to 100%, ejects the disc and completes the ripping.

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
        yes, previous versions of fab does not take this long. at most 45 mins. or less.
        also I noticed that when the ripping 'counter' reached 99%, there is a 'pause' of 2-3 mins then it changed to 100%, ejects the disc and completes the ripping.
        might try going into common settings - general settings - click the Reset DMA button,
        restart dvdfab and retry the disc again and see if it copies any faster.

Comment

it does not allow me to 'reset DMA' (grey color) and on the left, currently unchecked box for 'check for DMA automatically'.

Comment

it does not allow me to 'reset DMA' (grey color) and on the left, currently unchecked box for 'check for DMA automatically'.
            check the box for check for DMA automatically and then restart dvdfab and retry the disc again and see what you get.

Comment

I cannot enable the 'check for DMA automatically' box. it does not allow me... weird..

Comment

I cannot enable the 'check for DMA automatically' box. it does not allow me... weird..
                does it take as long to rip the disc to your computers internal HDD ??
                also, does the external HD have a power supply.

Comment

I do not rip to internal HD due limited space availability.
                  ext HD does not have power supply.

am curious why I can't check/enable the box for 'check for DMA automatically'

Comment

do other discs copy faster ?? if yes then there's not much you can do, the slow disc rip may be
                    caused by how the disc was authored. the only option left that i can think of to try is to go back into common settings - general settings
                    click the factory default settings button in the lower left corner of the general settings area to reset dvdfab back to default settings.
                    restart dvdfab and retry your disc again.

Comment

Hi, this option 'check for DMA automatically' has been disabled and cannot enable to disable, it won't affect the process in your case.

You might need to check the drive's reading speed and if other discs read faster, or if you have a different drive, you may give it a try as well.

As for the log file, we need the one named dvdfab_internal log file to check the problem.

Comment

I ordered another ext optical drive, just in case the previous is it's nearing to fail. will compare the results once I have initiated with the new optical drive.

Comment

Working...
                        X