Jerky Picture w/YADIF+Temporal Deinterlace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky Picture w/YADIF+Temporal Deinterlace

Some DVD source material encoded with either "Good (YADIF + temporal)" or "Best (YADIF + temporal + spatial)" deinterlacing methods comes out with the video jerking back and forth in time about every second. When encoded using "Fast (Linear blending)", the resultant encoded video doesn't have this jerking.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what encodes fine and what encodes jerky - sometimes different titles on the very same disc will have different results (some coming out fine, some coming out jerky and unwatchable). The bug has also persisted throughout many v12 releases as I started noticing it several months back (when I switched to using better deinterlacing).

Could this be fixed? YADIF deinterlacing is obviously superior, but only being able to use it on some videos and not all makes it frustrating as you never know what video comes out fine and what is wasted encoding time.

Some more information... Encoding with v11.1.0.7 has the same problem as encoding with v12.0.7.2. I am doing this using CPU encoding, and I get the same problem using a Skylake machine as I do with using a Cezanne machine.

Comment

What software player do you use for the playback?

Please provide a DVD source that encounters such a jerking problem, and the dvdfab_internal log and fabcheck_internal log file as well.

Please kindly check PM for info about where to upload the source to. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X