This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Keep getting Read Errors

Around 4-5 months ago I started getting read errors, this was intermittent so I ignored them for a while, then the read errors were consistent. I thought this was caused by my BluRay/DVD player (which was only a year old), so I purchased a new player. The 3rd or 4th DVD I was ripping from the new player started getting consistent read errors. This time I tried playing the DVD in my XBox and reading/playing was no problem.

Also several weeks ago I started having Win11 problems so I reset win11 and downloaded all new program software, not sure if this has any bearing but is a significant issue so thought I'd bring it up.

Is this a DVD Fab (x64) issue? If not DVD Fab issue what else?

Thanks for any help
    Tim Nels

Computer: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, Ram 16GB, x64-based processor
    Windows 11 Home v.21H2 DVDFab x64 v.12.0.8.8

DVDFab X64 v
    Proccessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
    Ram: 16GB
    System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor​

Originally posted by 13Aidan View Post
    Around 4-5 months ago I started getting read errors, this was intermittent so I ignored them for a while, then the read errors were consistent. I thought this was caused by my BluRay/DVD player (which was only a year old), so I purchased a new player. The 3rd or 4th DVD I was ripping from the new player started getting consistent read errors. This time I tried playing the DVD in my XBox and reading/playing was no problem.

Also several weeks ago I started having Win11 problems so I reset win11 and downloaded all new program software, not sure if this has any bearing but is a significant issue so thought I'd bring it up.

Is this a DVD Fab (x64) issue? If not DVD Fab issue what else?

Thanks for any help
    Tim Nels

Computer: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, Ram 16GB, x64-based processor
    Windows 11 Home v.21H2 DVDFab x64 v.12.0.8.8

do your backup discs play ok ?? try clicking common settings - click drives - click read - check "ignore all reading errors automatically" click ok to restart dvdfab, retry your discs again and see if that will make any difference.
    might also post your dvdfab internal log files to help check the problem.

Comment

[do your backup discs play ok ?? try clicking common settings - click drives - click read - check "ignore all reading errors automatically" click ok to restart dvdfab, retry your discs again and see if that will make any difference.
      might also post your dvdfab internal log files to help check the problem.

Sorry for the delay in my response, had family staying with me, nuff said.

I rip discs onto hard drive, when I get read errors I click "Igronre all Read Errors" the rip is highly "contaminated" with digital artifacts, the movie is basically unwatchable.

So, I just reinstalled my old (less that a year old) Blu-Ray reader/ripper and this unit will read and write standard DVD's to my hard drive but not Blu-Rays. My (brand) new Blu-Ray reader/ripper will only rip Blu-Ray discs??

So I guess my problem is kind-of fixed, using 2 disc drives.

Can anyone recommend a good blu-ray reader/ripper?
      DVDFab X64 v

Comment

I am assuming you are using a desktop type computer with internal drives. If you are working with external drives, tell us more . . brand and type, speed ratings, how connected to your computer (usb type, esata, source of power to the drive, etc.).

My go to blu-ray drives come from LG. These have performed perfectly for me for quite a while.
        LG WH14NS40 - and to include 4K UltraHD discs . . LG WH16NS60.
        I also have a slim type LG blu-ray drive in a 3rd party case I use with my laptop when needed. It has also worked very well.

Suggestions for your current situation:
        1. check and make sure all your drives have clean and secure cable connections. you can do this by simply disconnecting the drive cable and reinsert them a couple of times at both the drive and motherboard ends. If you are using sata drives, be sure to check for something on the end of the cable to "squeeze" to release the locking mechanism before pulling on the cable end.
        2. clean your discs before trying to use them in your computer. I use an old discwasher device & fluid for this purpose. Something like this:

3. I would not recommend setting your DVDFab to ignore read errors, as you open yourself up for corrupted video as a result.
        4. If you still run into problems, inspect the data side of the discs you are using to look for damage. If they are scratched, that could be the issue.
        Last edited by Rich86; 10-12-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
          I am assuming you are using a desktop type computer with internal drives. If you are working with external drives, tell us more . . brand and type, speed ratings, how connected to your computer (usb type, esata, source of power to the drive, etc.).

My go to blu-ray drives come from LG. These have performed perfectly for me for quite a while.
          LG WH14NS40 - and to include 4K UltraHD discs . . LG WH16NS60.
          I also have a slim type LG blu-ray drive in a 3rd party case I use with my laptop when needed. It has also worked very well.

Suggestions for your current situation:
          1. check and make sure all your drives have clean and secure cable connections. you can do this by simply disconnecting the drive cable and reinsert them a couple of times at both the drive and motherboard ends. If you are using sata drives, be sure to check for something on the end of the cable to "squeeze" to release the locking mechanism before pulling on the cable end.
          2. clean your discs before trying to use them in your computer. I use an old discwasher device & fluid for this purpose. Something like this:

3. I would not recommend setting your DVDFab to ignore read errors, as you open yourself up for corrupted video as a result.
          4. If you still run into problems, inspect the data side of the discs you are using to look for damage. If they are scratched, that could be the issue.

I missed this response, I apologize. Thanks for the responding and for recommending these blu-ray drives, I will try them in the future if I have any more issues.

Thanks
          Tim N

DVDFab X64 v

Comment

Working...
          X