dvd rip, sound not in sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.8.2 (Win) dvd rip, sound not in sync

for a while now I have this problem that when I rip a dvd the sound is not in sync

Sound and Video are both Pass through, and it gets saved as an MKV.

The DVD plays fine, but the rip, it's almost 0.5 - 1 difference.

Any way to resolve this?

Originally posted by pka4916 View Post
    for a while now I have this problem that when I rip a dvd the sound is not in sync

Sound and Video are both Pass through, and it gets saved as an MKV.

The DVD plays fine, but the rip, it's almost 0.5 - 1 difference.

Any way to resolve this?
    try clicking common settings - av codec - click disable all gpu codecs for decoding & encoding - restart
    dvdfab and retry pass through again and see if the sound is still out of sync.

Comment

Still the same.. really strange.

Comment

If I convert it as MP4 then the sound is fine.. so it's the MKV and passthrough ones...
        Don't want to use MP4 since the quality sucks.

Comment

Just installed V11, and it's working fine with that one.. Guess I will keep V11 on my system for now, for those DVD's.

Comment

I have had the same problem for several version now. It does not happen on blu-ray, only DVD rips using pass-thru. The timing offset becomes more severe the shorted the video is. (The main movie is only slightly off, but trailers are off several seconds.)

Comment

whenever I do dvd, i use makemkv. simple straighforward remuxer. meaning it doesn't touch video/sound. no compression. and if you type in beta key into google they host their own test key that unlocks the full program.

Comment

Yes, I have been doing this as well since the DVDFAB software started having this problem.

Comment

Working...
                X