DVDFab 365 Expired Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 365 Expired Message

Tried a search but didn't see anyone else w\this issue.

I recently subscribed to DVDFab 365 - Just about every time I open it the message comes up saying "DVDFab 365 Expired", it removes the 'special skin' and then is apparently just the regular DVDFab? I re-authorized the PC and it still does it, when I go to "DVDFab 365 Info" it all looks ok and at that point under "Option Status" it will say "Authorized" and it gives me my next year expiration date. So it seems ok from that point until the next time I open it and again it says "Expired".

This seems to happen only in DVDFab, I have opened StreamFab & PlayerFab several times and they never have an issue apparently.

I've noticed this also. When the box saying it is expired opens up - try clicking the "ESC" key. That always works for me and it goes into the full DVDFab.

Comment

Thank you for the reply - Ok, I just opened it up and as usual got the "Expired" window, hit 'ESC' and it opened up in the application like you said. The confusing part is that I have the 365 'gold' skin that I guess is exclusive to that version and at that point it reverts to the normal blue skin. So I assumed it was no longer authorized at that point, but going to the status screen shows everything 'active'.

Seems like a bug to me; checks subscription-Expired-Revert to non 365 skin-but it is still active. Anyway till it's fixed at least this allows me to use it without closing and re-opening multiple times!

Thanks for that!

Comment

I don't know why it does this . . I'll send a message to support to see if they want to take a look at it.

Comment

We could not duplicate the problem, but the developer will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            We could not duplicate the problem, but the developer will look into it.
            That's surprising, it happens to me almost every time I open it.
            Message says 'expired - you cannot use exclusive skins etc. etc.' - I press 'esc' - Check under 'DVDFab365 Info' says I'm 'Active' - Seems to work fine after that.

Possibly is it because I'm using that exclusive '365' skin? And when it opens if it doesn't see I'm 'Active' right away I get the 'Expired' message box and says you cannot use the 'Exclusive' skin?

For now I think I'll go with the default 'Blue' skin and see if I still get the message when opening.

Comment

Just to update this thread...

I have changed the default skin from the '365 Exclusive' one back to one of the other 'default' skins and have since not experienced the 'Expired' message upon opening several times.

So in my case anyway the Expired message looks like it was related to using that '365 Exclusive' skin.

Comment

Originally posted by kepico View Post
                Just to update this thread...

I have changed the default skin from the '365 Exclusive' one back to one of the other 'default' skins and have since not experienced the 'Expired' message upon opening several times.

So in my case anyway the Expired message looks like it was related to using that '365 Exclusive' skin.
                Thanks for the update, I have passed these info onto the developer too.

Comment

I've been trying to track this issue a little.
                  I do not use any exclusive skin. In my case, the box saying my subscription has expired seems to show up whenever I download an off-line update, run it, and then tell it to launch.
                  As commented before, I can Esc from the message box and it runs fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X