dvdfab crashing on opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab crashing on opening

I have been using dvfab for about 15 years, never had a problem. Just started a computer build with windows 8.1 media center as has been my builds always. I cannot get dvdfab to open without crashing. Dvdfab mini opens fine. I am using uefi bios, but am also using it on another uefi machine that works fine. All drivers and bios are updated, tried older versions to no avail. can upload logs once you tell me how. I will also need to clear logs first so need to know how to do that

UPDATE: it works in safe mode with no problems as far as I can tell. Windows error report says it is fabupdate.exe that is crashing upon opening of dvdfab. new version won't even open dvdfabmini, using older version allows dvdfab mini but not dvdfab. disabled firewall but still the same response.

Comment

Go to your "My Documents" folder and navigate to the path "My Documents\DVDFab\DvdFab12" and delete all the folders there. Then launch DVDFab. It will generate a new set of logs. Zip the "Log" folder to a single .zip file (there should be several log files in that folder) and then upload it to a new post (click the "Upload Attachments" on the forum).

I assume you are using the latest version of DVDFab. Can't offer much more help without the logs.​

Comment

I have installed the latest version now and am able to run both normal and mini in safe mode, but the dvdfab64.exe crashes when trying to run either in normal mode. I have attached the log and crash report since the log doesn't have much to see.
        Log.zip

Comment

This is a shot in the dark, but has worked for me in the past when I used to have similar issues. Uninstall DVDFab, reboot your PC, and using "Run as Administrator", reinstall the current version and see if that fixes it.

Comment

You may need to deauthorize your current installation (obviously will need to run in Safe Mode to be able to get to that in the drop-down menu) first. You will then need to log in the first time you run the reinstall to authorize it.

Comment

i am at my wits end. I figured it had to do with UEFI bios and type of SSD installed. Changed to SATA drive, identical setup to another computer I have. Installed the latest version and dvdfab64.exe crashes as before. Uninstalled, restarted, installed version 10 and it tries to open but crashes on fabupdate.exe, dvdfab mini opens but can't do updates due to dvdfab.exe crash. Assuming since they changed it to liveupdate.exe in version 12, that was the problem. Tried version 11 but same problem with liveupdate.exe crashing. tried version 12 again with uninstall, restart, install with administrator permission and same dvdfab64.exe crash. I read somewhere that with a remote connection from support they changed a 0 to a 1 somewhere and fixed the problem, I assume that was in registry but no idea. am going to look for support contact now, if it's not going to work, I want a refund

Comment

Originally posted by Robert5733 View Post
                i am at my wits end. I figured it had to do with UEFI bios and type of SSD installed. Changed to SATA drive, identical setup to another computer I have. Installed the latest version and dvdfab64.exe crashes as before. Uninstalled, restarted, installed version 10 and it tries to open but crashes on fabupdate.exe, dvdfab mini opens but can't do updates due to dvdfab.exe crash. Assuming since they changed it to liveupdate.exe in version 12, that was the problem. Tried version 11 but same problem with liveupdate.exe crashing. tried version 12 again with uninstall, restart, install with administrator permission and same dvdfab64.exe crash. I read somewhere that with a remote connection from support they changed a 0 to a 1 somewhere and fixed the problem, I assume that was in registry but no idea. am going to look for support contact now, if it's not going to work, I want a refund
                try installing the 32bit version of dvdfab - https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm
                the one that says FREE DOWNLOAD is the 32 bit version, the offline installer is the 64bit version.

Comment

I think I got it beat. Downloaded the 8.1 ISO twice, made 3 USB install disks, and installed windows 8.1 like 4 or 5 times, and couldn't get past the error. Cloned the hard drive from an identical computer and had no problem. Decided to try a retail disk I have and installed Windows from it. So far I have got all updates completed, installed half my programs, and so far no errors with DVDFab. Apparently either the download is no good, or the USB install is no good. Will continue with my setup and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X