X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Full Disc copy is only 98% at BD50

Hi,

I am trying to do a Full Disc copy of one of my blu-rays: the 2022 Remastered blu-ray of the 1978 "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

After DVDFab reads the full disc, it only will copy the disc to 98% quality at BD50.

Here's a screenshot:

Is there a way, doing a Full Disc Copy, to remove certain items to get the quality to 100%?

The reason I am doing a Full Disc copy is that I am about to leave on a business trip and I want to watch this while I am gone. My mobile desktop that I am taking on this trip is too new and does not have an optical drive and I want to watch not only the movie, but the loads of extras/features/etc.

I was thinking that if I could remove all the audio commentaries, non-English audio tracks (and some other items), then the quality would be back up to 100%.

Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JLB2; 02-14-2023, 09:50 PM.

The default settings in DVDFab for media output sizes are all slightly less than full capacity of DVDRom or BDRom. However, you can increase/decrease output size under Common Settings>Blu-ray Write> and select a size from a drop-down list, or manually enter a custom size up to the full write capacity of a disc. The down side to this is that it will write data closer to the edge of the disc and more vulnerable to damage (scuffing, scratches, etc.). You can also manually calculate the size you need and use the custom setting. Since writing occurs on a per sector basis, the actual size may not match your custom size precisely. Instead of experimenting with burning to expensive 50GB, copy to your HDD first and look at ouput size, keeping in mind that it may or may not match your selected size based on sector boundaries.

Comment

I may be misunderstanding something here , , but:
      If your mobile computer device does not have an optical disc drive in it, why are you worried about burning it onto a BDR at all? Why not just "copy" it to your hard drive set to Full Disc/BD50 & then copy it directly to your mobile device hard disc for playback later. You want to make sure whatever playback program you use on the mobile device can handle the copied blu-ray title. If you use PlayerFab for playback, you should be good to go, But test it first to make sure and jump back in if you need more help.

Comment

@Rich86:
        "...Why not just "copy" it to your hard drive set to Full Disc/BD50 & then copy it directly to your mobile device hard disc for playback later..."

That is exactly what I am doing. I am copying the ENTIRE disc to the hard drive, not just the movie. Thus, it'll be like having the disc itself (menu systems, the movie, the features, extras, etc.).
        As my screenshot above shows, it is set BD50, but I am only getting 98% quality.

I suppose I could rip just the movie, and then rip each feature/extra separately; and then copy all that into a folder on my mobile desktop. But I really wanted to have the menus, have the ability to select scenes, audio tracks, etc., etc.--just as if I was watching the physical disc.

I use JRiver Media Center 30 for all my media playback (video, audio, etc).

@LaciBacsi:

As I just said to Rich86, I am not burning this to a physical disc, I am copying the entire blu-ray to my PC. Then I will move that to my mobile desktop.

I have already done this with three other movies today.
        Last edited by JLB2; 02-15-2023, 12:01 AM.

Comment

What do you have your "save to" box set to? Is it pointing to a folder on your hard disc with plenty of space left?
          Also - go into your "common settings" - "drives" - "blu-ray write" - "writable media BD50 size" and change the setting to be larger than the source title you are copying. I'd just pick the highest one for now - but if you ever actually decide to burn BD50 media, be sure to take a fresh look at this setting to make sure it isn't set too high.
          Last edited by Rich86; 02-15-2023, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Rich86,

"...go into your "common settings" - "drives" - "blu-ray write" - "writable media BD50 size" and change the setting to be larger than the source title..."

That was it! Thanks! All is working exactly how I wanted it to.

I GREATLY appreciate your help and patience with this, really!

Comment

Glad LaciBacsi & I were able to help.

Comment

Working...
              X