Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a setting in DVDFAB to copy media info for convert to H265 for batches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a setting in DVDFAB to copy media info for convert to H265 for batches?

Hi,

Like the topic says.

I use DVDFab a lot for batch conversions from H264 to H265.

I haven't been able to find a way to just simply copy the media data from the H264 file to the H265 file without overwriting it with "DVDFab" info and deleting the original info.

Is there a way to do this in DVDFab?

Thanks!

US - CST, DVDFab Lifetime, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
    Hi,

Like the topic says.

I use DVDFab a lot for batch conversions from H264 to H265.

I haven't been able to find a way to just simply copy the media data from the H264 file to the H265 file without overwriting it with "DVDFab" info and deleting the original info.

Is there a way to do this in DVDFab?

Thanks!

US - CST, DVDFab Lifetime, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro
    is this what you want ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/video-converter.htm

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

is this what you want ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/video-converter.htm
      October262,

Thanks for the response.

But that's part of the products in my DVDFab Lifetime bundle.

I use DVDFab Converter and that's what I'm talking about.

When I use it, the converter deletes/overwrites the existing media information such as Performers, Descriptions and overlays it with some DVDFab info. (see attached)

I would like to know if there's some setting I'm missing or is this just how it works.

There does not appear to be any settings in the menu under Conversion or other settings that will allow it to copy the information from the original file to the converted file media data as is.

Attached:

Species Original Media Data
      Species After DVDFab Converter

Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 02-22-2023, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

October262,

Thanks for the response.

But that's part of the products in my DVDFab Lifetime bundle.

I use DVDFab Converter and that's what I'm talking about.

When I use it, the converter deletes/overwrites the existing media information such as Performers, Descriptions and overlays it with some DVDFab info. (see attached)

I would like to know if there's some setting I'm missing or is this just how it works.

There does not appear to be any settings in the menu under Conversion or other settings that will allow it to copy the information from the original file to the converted file media data as is.

Attached:

Species Original Media Data
        Species After DVDFab Converter

there's a setting in common settings - general settings - meta - https://www.dvdfab.cn/metainfo.htm

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

there's a setting in common settings - general settings - meta - https://www.dvdfab.cn/metainfo.htm
          October262,

Yes, there are settings under common settings - general settings - meta. (see attached one)

With Meta Data checked (see attached two) - does not include original info in converted file

Without Meta Data checked (see attached three) - does not include original info in converted file

With create .Nfo file (see attached four) - creates a system .NFO file, but doesn't make any difference in including original info in output file

I *think* those settings are for DVDFab's benefit to collect information (not sure), but they make no difference in carrying over the information in original files to files converted by DVDFab Converter - such as Performers and Descriptions.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro
          DVDFab Lifetime, StreamFab Lifetime
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mike_M; 02-22-2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X