No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray Ripper starts reading blu-ray than gives up and returns to main screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Ripper starts reading blu-ray than gives up and returns to main screen

This just started and I'm running 12.1.0.3 on Win10. When I click the plus sign to open a blu-ray drive up, it grabs the drive and the open dialog disappears like usual. But then it returns back to the "+" selection screen again with no error and the drive stops reading. I've tried rebooting, not luck. I tried disks that worked in the past, no luck. The drive plays the movies fine in VLC so the drive is fine.

I tried resetting DVDFab to default in the common settings and it locks up completely and force closes.

If DVDFab is seeing your drive, I don't think you should have to click the + button for it to see the disc. Try launching the program without the disc in your drive. Once DVDFab is running, then put the disc you want in your drive and see if the program starts getting ready to process it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cozzman2k View Post
      This just started and I'm running 12.1.0.3 on Win10. When I click the plus sign to open a blu-ray drive up, it grabs the drive and the open dialog disappears like usual. But then it returns back to the "+" selection screen again with no error and the drive stops reading. I've tried rebooting, not luck. I tried disks that worked in the past, no luck. The drive plays the movies fine in VLC so the drive is fine.

I tried resetting DVDFab to default in the common settings and it locks up completely and force closes.
      try updating to version 12.0.2.6 and retry your discs again.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try updating to version 12.0.2.6 and retry your discs again.

You mean downgrading? Where do you get older versions?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
          If DVDFab is seeing your drive, I don't think you should have to click the + button for it to see the disc. Try launching the program without the disc in your drive. Once DVDFab is running, then put the disc you want in your drive and see if the program starts getting ready to process it.
          The autolaunch function hasn't worked for me in YEARS. Sometimes if DVD fab is already open and on the right screen it will start detecting/reading the disk but its not relaible. I usually click the "+" then click one of my HDD's then click back on the blu-ray drive and the open dialog disappears and starts scanning. Now its closing the dialog box but not scanning at all and the drive just flashes once. If it browse the drive manually or play with VLC it fires right up, no issues. This happened once before on a bad version and it resolved itself eventually but its currently been down for me for a month.

Comment

You mean downgrading? Where do you get older versions?
            older versions can be found in the member center.

Comment

The autolaunch function hasn't worked for me in YEARS. Sometimes if DVD fab is already open and on the right screen it will start detecting/reading the disk but its not relaible. I usually click the "+" then click one of my HDD's then click back on the blu-ray drive and the open dialog disappears and starts scanning. Now its closing the dialog box but not scanning at all and the drive just flashes once. If it browse the drive manually or play with VLC it fires right up, no issues. This happened once before on a bad version and it resolved itself eventually but its currently been down for me for a month.
              have you tried doing a clean install of dvdfab ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried doing a clean install of dvdfab ??
                I did, I just reverted all the way back to 12.0.0.1 and it works again. Something in the code after that doesn't like my drive?

Comment

I did, I just reverted all the way back to 12.0.0.1 and it works again. Something in the code after that doesn't like my drive?
                  Please provide the dvdfab_log files from version 12.0.0.1 and the new version. If you did not delete the log file, the log file should include info from both versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please provide the dvdfab_log files from version 12.0.0.1 and the new version. If you did not delete the log file, the log file should include info from both versions.
                    I screwed up and lost the log file from the newer rev. I'll post again when I update from 12.0.0.1 if it stops working again. I've retained the .1 log in a safe space.

Comment

Working...
                    X