DVDFab 12.1.1.0 no longer possible to update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.9.6 (Win) DVDFab 12.1.1.0 no longer possible to update

Updating is no longer possible. Update check no longer starts automatically. Even if you trigger the update check manually, nothing happens. Completely uninstalled DVDFab12, deleted folders and reinstalled everything. First it worked, then not anymore. Jemacht has a solution for this, or what's going on?

Thanks in advance​

Please attach the updatelog files and the dvdfab_internal.log file, thanks.
    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\update \updateLog

Comment

Hello,
      the file "dvdfab_internal.log" is attached here. The "updateLog" file cannot be found in the temp folder, the folder is empty for me under Win11.​
      Attached Files

Comment

...File found and also attached here.
        Attached Files

Comment

I will get the developer to check if they can find out something from the log file.

Comment

...alright, thank you very much. Then I wait for a response.

Comment

I started having problems with updates last month. My fix has been to use a VPN service and make it look like my computer is in China. To date it's the only way I can do updates. Hope that helps.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't know much about VPNs at all. But I don't think it's my job to look for updates, changes or solutions to an expensive, purchased program either. Nothing was changed on my computer and yet the problem suddenly appeared. Everything else works. All other programs can be updated. It's only DVDFab that causes problems. As I said, I haven't changed anything. What also helps is to download the new version and install it over it. But that's not a long-term solution either, especially since the program comes with an update function that doesn't work. And I'm not the only one with this problem.

Comment

I am running version 12.1.1.1 and it still updates fine. Is there any possibility something in your system is blocking DVDFab from checking for updates? Are you able to go into the download page and download the latest version of DVDFab?

Comment

Originally posted by Komet View Post
                    Unfortunately, I don't know much about VPNs at all. But I don't think it's my job to look for updates, changes or solutions to an expensive, purchased program either. Nothing was changed on my computer and yet the problem suddenly appeared. Everything else works. All other programs can be updated. It's only DVDFab that causes problems. As I said, I haven't changed anything. What also helps is to download the new version and install it over it. But that's not a long-term solution either, especially since the program comes with an update function that doesn't work. And I'm not the only one with this problem.
                    might want to check your firewall & antivirus software, perhaps one those programs are blocking dvdfab from auto updating.
                    also, try going into common settings - click the factory default settings button in the lower left corner of the common settings
                    area, click ok and restart dvdfab and see if the auto update now works.
                    Last edited by october262; 07-25-2023, 12:18 AM.

Comment

- I updated DVDFab from version 12096 to 12110 because of this. All folders completely deleted. First it worked, but then suddenly it didn't anymore.

- I have now turned off the firewall completely, to no avail.

- I activated everything with DVDFab Live Update in the autostart without success. Note, all other DVDFab products will work.

- In the list of allowed apps in the firewall, I allowed all DVDFab products without success.

I would hate to go back to factory settings as all my settings will then be gone.

I'll do the latest version. Although I've done that before and it worked at first, but then suddenly it didn't anymore.​

Comment

- I updated DVDFab from version 12096 to 12110 because of this. All folders completely deleted. First it worked, but then suddenly it didn't anymore.

- I activated everything with DVDFab Live Update in the autostart without success. Note, all other DVDFab products will work.

- In the list of allowed apps in the firewall, I allowed all DVDFab products without success.

I would hate to go back to factory settings as all my settings will then be gone.

I'll do the latest version. Although I've done that before and it worked at first, but then suddenly it didn't anymore.​
                        We've tested the online update from different versions, no issue here. We currently are not sure why it happens like this on your end.
                        In this case, you may just download the latest one from https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm and install it to get updated.

Comment

did you try rebooting your computer and then try starting dvdfab and see if the auto update works ?? and did you try
                          disabling your antivirus & starting dvdfab to see if the auto update works ??

Comment

Works again! I installed an old backup on the computer. On this old backup DVDFab's update function always worked! Even after all the Windows updates. As a result, the following files and folders on hard drive D have been updated:

- dvdfab_internal
                            - cache
                            - records
                            - updated

Installed the new current backup on the computer again and DVDFab Update works perfectly again.

The error: I read in the forum that if this error occurs, it is recommended to completely uninstall DVDFab and delete ALL folders. Then reinstall DVDFab with the latest version. The additional deletion of the folders and files was the error.

Great how you wanted to help me, that was the idea and inspiration for me to keep looking for the error and it helped.

Thanks so much.​

Comment

Working...
                            X