No announcement yet.

Inquiry on Implementing Intel's Improved Multi-GPU Video Acceleration Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inquiry on Implementing Intel's Improved Multi-GPU Video Acceleration Support

Recently, I discovered some compelling enhancements that Intel has incorporated into their FFMpeg encoder, specifically with regards to Multi-GPU Video Acceleration Support.

They have rolled out these updates in the first quarter of 2023, adding several key features to the ffmpeg-qsv and ffmpeg-vaapi, such as hstack_qsv, vstack_qsv, and xstack_qsv filter support. Additionally, they introduced gopconcat bsf support, which enables the concatenation of Group of Pictures (GOP) from varying streams to form a new stream.

This feature considerably facilitates the running of the encoder on multi-GPU platforms.
    Moreover, ffmpeg-vaapi now supports RGB* format clips for VP9 decoding.

You can find more detailed information on these updates via Intel's official GitHub page: https://github.com/intel/cartwheel-f...ses/tag/2023q1

With these technological advancements, I am curious to know whether it might be feasible to integrate such features into your current product line.

I believe it could potentially enhance the video encoding capabilities and efficiency, leading to improved performance and user satisfaction.

I would highly appreciate your valuable insights and feedback on this matter.

Thanks for the link. It is for Linux system.

We use Intel qsv (Intel® Quick Sync Video) for Windows. Most codecs' reencode speed-up is already supported on DVDFab Windows release. Only av1 encode is missing and it's on the way with ffmpeg 6 update for DVDFab's later release.

Comment

Working...
    X