DVDFab, Dolby Vision, and Plex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab, Dolby Vision, and Plex

It is discovered on repeated instances across all DV disc rip attempts that using DVDFab to make DV MKVs results in MKVs that do not resume mid-movie in Plex on Shield. (The MKVs otherwise appear perfectly fine and play in Plex, in native DV, and other programs.) Using MakeMKV makes MKVs that do resume in Plex. It causes Shield to throw out an error message. There is something wrong about the way DVDFab is making DV MKVs insofar as Plex and Shield clients are concerned.

still a problem, movies will not resume mid-movie in Plex

Anyone to modify or fix the ripping process to make more compliant w/ Plex DVDFab ?

Comment

Are you using video passthrough in your DVDfab tip settings ? I run Mezzmo, similar to Plex, and don't have any problems with DV rips and video passthrough mode. If you are using video passthrough then this points to a Plex issue. If you aren't running video passthrough mode then understanding your setting would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Thanks, but Mezzmo is not Plex. I am talking about a problem in Plex. The MKV DV rip from DVDFab plays fine in Plex/Shield, native DV to TV, etc. It's just if the movie is stopped, and one tries to restart, the Plex server (or maybe Shield client) hiccups. You will have to try this in Plex specifically (and yes using passthrough on a Shield) to see what I'm talking about. Any other client, AppleTV eg, resumes playback fine in native DV.

Comment

And to reiterate, the movie-resumption behavior is normal/as expected if the rip is from MakeMKV.

Comment

Working...
          X