Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install both DVDfab12 and 13 at same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install both DVDfab12 and 13 at same time?

My DVDfab 12 works flawlessly for what I need to do. I would like to play with DVDfab 13 to find any bugs that I don't like.

So my question is can I install DVD13 without upgrading my current DVDfab 12 to 13 and run either 12 or 13 as needed?

If the answer is yes I can run both versions, how do I install 13 with full capability without affecting 12.

Hi,

DVDFab 13 and DVDFab 12 will keep both on your computer, they used the different installation path.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

When I launch DVDfab 12 it states that New version of Product detected. Would you like to update now?

If I click on the Update Now button, does that keep DVDfab 12 as it is, and install 13 as a separate app?

Or must I download DVDfab 13 for the DVDfab site and install it. If I do it from the site do I register it? How do I clone settings from 12 to 13?
      Last edited by fussybob; 10-17-2023, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fussybob View Post
        Thanks for the reply!

When I launch DVDfab 12 it states that New version of Product detected. Would you like to update now?

If I click on the Update Now button, does that keep DVDfab 12 as it is, and install 13 as a separate app?

Or must I download DVDfab 13 for the DVDfab site and install it. If I do it from the site do I register to clone settings from 12 to 13?
        It‘s same when installing DVDFab 13 via the DVDFab 12 updater or download&install directly from the website.

DVDFab 13 will clone the DVDFab 12 settings default and also include the register information.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

OK!

Thanks!

Comment

I have both 12115 & 13000 installed on my tower computer and they both seem to run ok.

Comment

Working...
            X