Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Layer DVD has difficulty going from layer 0 to layer 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Layer DVD has difficulty going from layer 0 to layer 1.

I have a question:

I downloaded from Amazon the Sound of Music. I am trying to generate a dual-layer DVD. Over the last year I have generated many dual layer Blu-Ray disks (50Gig) with multiple movies on then.with up to 4 movies with menu selections with each movie listed. Example All 4 John Wicks movies. I have never had any difficulties with these disks in my Blu-Ray player. I created them with DVDFab 12x up to 12.1.1.5 which is my current version. I used the MP4's tied together and wrote the image to the hard drive using the 50Gig disk size in DVDFab. Then I used Image burn to burn on the disk without ever receiving any warnings, all successful never having a toaster.

However, I am in a puzzle over trying to generate a Dual-Layer DVD. It is about an 8G MP4. Should compress easily on a DVD-9. But, I have a huge stop/pause/jump at the changeover from track 0 to 1.

I started by creating a DVD-9 in the options and wrote an image. Then when I went to burn it, Image Burn popped up an warning box stating something to the effect of the as to Layer change. So I thought okay, I'll just let DVDFab write the disk directly without an intermediate .iso file. It went through all the process right up to the point of finishing writing to the disk. It stopped at ~47% and quit writing and just sat there. My first toaster ever! Ick!

I guess my big question is am I trying something that cannot be done, or are my procedures screwed up? I tried burning the dual-image iso from the HD and told the Image Burn warning box to continue anyway. No problems during the burn, but when playing it gives me what I mentioned at the beginning. It plays BUT???

I just need to have someone tell me it can't be done, or give me what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks a bunch for ANY assistance in advance.

John
    Billings, MT

I started by creating a DVD-9 in the options and wrote an image. Then when I went to burn it, Image Burn popped up an warning box stating something to the effect of the as to Layer change. So I thought okay, I'll just let DVDFab write the disk directly without an intermediate .iso file. It went through all the process right up to the point of finishing writing to the disk. It stopped at ~47% and quit writing and just sat there.
    We will try to duplicate it.

Meanwhile, please offer the dvdfab_internal log file and the burn log file.
    If there are screenshots related to the process, please supply them too, thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X