How do I preview with menus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I preview with menus?

I don't have a bluray player, so most of the time I have to guess what the extras are. I can preview individual extras but they don't always have title cards that say what they are. And the Bluray menu isn't always a video track that I can play.

In DVDFab 12 I could click on"Search Movie/TV" on the entry in the Ripper tab, and it would open a search window for matching the title and artwork with dvdfab's servers. And in that window there is a "Preview with Menus" button at the bottom. But DVDFab 13 doesn't have this button.

So I'm just going blind now.
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20240125-194514.png
Views:	166
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	435739

I assume you mean this one? Please click it to have a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Name:	screenshot-20240125-194514.png
Views:	166
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	435739

I assume you mean this one? Please click it to have a try.
      I do not mean that. This button doesn't include the Bluray menus. Clicking on "Preview with Menus" allowed me to see the menu, and navigate the Bluray through the various menus available. Most Blurays have a menu screen that titles each extra video on the disc. There's also, often a menu that shows what the various audio tracks are.

The button stopped working, recently, on DVDFab 12. So I couldn't take a screenshot using that. But here is one from the Joke Bluray. From this screenshot you can see the names of some of some of the special features, "Becoming Joker", "Joker: Vison & Fury", "Please Welcome.... Joker!". Without the preview there's no way to know what the title of each extra is since there is often no title card in the featurette that states what the title is.
      Attached Files

Comment

Name:	screenshot-20240130-164753.png
Views:	126
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	436162
        Oh, please preview it at the Menu Settings panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Name:	screenshot-20240130-164753.png
Views:	126
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	436162
          Oh, please preview it at the Menu Settings panel.
          I don't understand how to get to the "Menu Settings" option. From your screenshot it looks like you are maybe in "Creator" but on that page I have to "Add Source" and I'm trying to rip a Bluray, not create one (i'm using "Ripper"). The "Add Source" options don't let me select my bluray drive. I tried dragging all sorts of folders and files from my blu-ray dirve but none of them were recognized.

Comment

Originally posted by UHASDFN View Post

I don't understand how to get to the "Menu Settings" option. From your screenshot it looks like you are maybe in "Creator" but on that page I have to "Add Source" and I'm trying to rip a Bluray, not create one (i'm using "Ripper"). The "Add Source" options don't let me select my bluray drive. I tried dragging all sorts of folders and files from my blu-ray dirve but none of them were recognized.
            go into common settings - general settings - Meta
            make sure that the box next to (i want to use meta information) is checked.
            restart dvdfab and retry ripper again and see if the preview with menus is working.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

go into common settings - general settings - Meta
              make sure that the box next to (i want to use meta information) is checked.
              restart dvdfab and retry ripper again and see if the preview with menus is working.
              ignore my previous comment. however, if you still need to use dvdfab 12, you can download the last
              version here near the bottom of the page. - https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm version 12.1.1.5

Comment

Originally posted by UHASDFN View Post
                I don't have a bluray player, so most of the time I have to guess what the extras are. I can preview individual extras but they don't always have title cards that say what they are. And the Bluray menu isn't always a video track that I can play.

In DVDFab 12 I could click on"Search Movie/TV" on the entry in the Ripper tab, and it would open a search window for matching the title and artwork with dvdfab's servers. And in that window there is a "Preview with Menus" button at the bottom. But DVDFab 13 doesn't have this button.

So I'm just going blind now.
                Sorry for the confusion. I will get the developer to implement it in DVDFab13 as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                X