Audio Sync Issues with the Crow 4k UHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Sync Issues with the Crow 4k UHD

I purchased The Crow 30th Anniversary Edition 4k UHD this week and for any rip attempts with either DVDFab 12.1.1.5 or DVDFab 13.0.1.6 has serious audio sync issues, with audio as much as 5 seconds behind in some portions of the rip.

Just to get all the basics out of the way I have tried the following:

System is using an 11th gen Intel i7 CPU and an Intel ARC 770. Latest Intel drivers are installed for my last attempt, but I can replicate the issue with the prior drivers as well 31.0.101.5448, 31.0.101.5445, 31.0.101.5382 (which are the last 3 WHQL drivers)

Doesn't matter if I disable the GPU Codecs.

Doesn't matter if I rip directly from the Blu Ray or rip from an ISO image of the Blu Ray created by DVDFab.

Both the Blu Ray as well as the ISO have no audio sync/mismatch issues when played back on PlayerFab on the same PC. The Blu Ray also plays fine on a standalone Player.

Issues seems to be specific to the Crow 4k. I have succesfully ripped 8 standard blu rays, 1 4k UHD blu ray, and 1 DVD with no issues using 12.1.1.5 in the last week.

If this could be fixed for version 12, I would definitely be grateful. Version 13 with the Intel ARC 770 still cannot properly do H.265 rips for me and still is buggy with that GPU in general.

Which profile did you use? Please feedback with the DVDFab13.log file as well, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Which profile did you use? Please feedback with the DVDFab13.log file as well, thank you.
      Do you have a profile preference? This can be pretty much duplicated irregardless of the H.265 profile I use, so I can use one of the defaults if you would prefer.

Also, the log from DVD Fab 12 may be more useful as I have yet to be able to get a fully-playable H.265 rip in DVD Fab 13 and an Intel ARC GPU.

Last, for the sound issue, this issue remains unique to the Crow 4k UHD release. I have continued to be able to rip both standard Blu Rays as well as 4K Blu Rays of other movies with no issues.

Please advise.

Comment

​Please provide the entire log folder from DVDFab 13 and the log folder from DVDFab12 to us to look into the problems, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          ​Please provide the entire log folder from DVDFab 13 and the log folder from DVDFab12 to us to look into the problems, thank you.
          Done. The Crow 4k was the last disc ripped in both 12 and 13 (back to back), performed this weekend, with the same results. With 12 the file plays fine but the sound is still out of sync and with 13 the the file cannot be played back on most media players (Windows Media Player, Plex, Roku, etc.) While the sound issue with the Crow is unique to that disc, the issue with all 4k H.265 rips in 13 is true for all 4k blu-ray movies.

Current O/S -> Windows 11 23H2 B.22635
          Current Video Driver -> Intel ARC 770 V.31.0.101.5594
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NoRomBasic View Post

Done. The Crow 4k was the last disc ripped in both 12 and 13 (back to back), performed this weekend, with the same results. With 12 the file plays fine but the sound is still out of sync and with 13 the the file cannot be played back on most media players (Windows Media Player, Plex, Roku, etc.) While the sound issue with the Crow is unique to that disc, the issue with all 4k H.265 rips in 13 is true for all 4k blu-ray movies.

Current O/S -> Windows 11 23H2 B.22635
            Current Video Driver -> Intel ARC 770 V.31.0.101.5594
            Thank you. I will get the developers to check your log files.

Comment

I think it is a problem with audio tracks with TrueHD / Dolby Atmos. I have the same problem with Dune. The problems are here since update to 13.0.2.x or earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
                I think it is a problem with audio tracks with TrueHD / Dolby Atmos. I have the same problem with Dune. The problems are here since update to 13.0.2.x or earlier.
                Thanks. Actually I have successfully ripped a number of 4k TrueHD / Dolby Atmos disks using version 12.1.1.5; including Dune and Dune II. Only the 4k edition of The Crow is giving me the audio issue.

Unfortunately I have yet to have a version of 13 which can produce a fully playable H.265 file using an Intel ARC GPU. I've pretty much given up on seeing a usable version of 13. At least 12 still works well.

Comment

I think it is a bug in version 13. I hope it will be fixed soon. ;-)

Comment

It looks like DVDFab is not able to rip any of the AC3 5.1 audio steams and the DTS 5.1 stream is ripped incorrectly from the 30th anniversary remastered UHD disc.
                    The DTS 5.1 stream rips as DTS (dtsc) with no channel information.
                    The audio is way out of sync. Plex shows the DTS 5.1 audio as DCA 3 channel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Crow UHD version Mediainfo.png
Views:	42
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	449534

Name:	The Crow UHD version Plex info.png
Views:	38
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	449535

With the bluray version though, the audio is ripped correctly.
                    The DTS 5.1 steam rips as DTS XLL (A_DTS) with 6 channels. I didn't try and rip the AC3 5.1 audio streams.

Name:	The Crow bluray version Mediainfo.png
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	449536

Name:	The Crow bluray version Plex info.png
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	449537

I'm also attaching the last DVDFab logs from trying to rip both title 40 and title 801 from the UHD version of The Crow 30th anniversary remastered.
                    I hope this isn't a disc problem.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed confirmation. I was beginning to think it was just me having this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRomBasic View Post
                        Thanks for the detailed confirmation. I was beginning to think it was just me having this issue.
                        I have both the steel case and normal uhd versions.
                        I will try and rip the normal uhd version this week and report back.

Comment

I just copied then ripped The Crow UHD non-steelbook version and the 5.1 audio is still unplayable. It's still listed as 2 channel audio.
                          I was able to rip the AC3 commentary audio with this disc.

Name:	The Crow UHD non-steelbook version Mediainfo.png
Views:	25
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	449613

I'm not sure what is going on.
                          I'll try another ripping program to see what that does and post back here.

Comment

The weird thing is it plays back fine on PlayerFab, so DVDFab makes a product where it works. Just not when ripping in version 12 or 13 of the UHD ripper.

Comment

Mona
                              NoRomBasic

DVDFab is unable to correctly copy nor rip the new The Crow (1994) UHD discs, whether it's the steel book or non-steel book version.
                              It can't correctly identify the audio used on the disc and it also isn't ripping the commentary audio files at all.
                              I have confirmed this by my previous tests and by ripping the UHD disc correctly with MakeMKV.
                              Here is the mediainfo of the rip from MakeMKV:

Name:	The Crow UHD non-steelbook version MakeMKV rip Mediainfo.png
Views:	7
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	449673

Name:	The Crow UHD non-steelbook version commentary MakeMKV rip Mediainfo.png
Views:	7
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	449674

You can see that MakeMKV correctly identified and ripped the audio as 6 channel DTS-HD Master.
                              Can you have your developers look at what is happening with these discs. You can find the disc ID's in my previously uploaded log files.

DVDFab is able to copy and rip the video files, just not the audio files.
                              Any help on this disc is very much appreciated it.

Comment

Working...
                              X