No longer able to get trim feature to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer able to get trim feature to work

It has been a little while since I have used the trim feature, maybe I am just missing something? I can't seem to get it to work anymore. I think the step I am missing is how to save the trimmed video. The instruction on the right side are clear to not forget to save.

The Blu-Ray I am ripping has one large track with all the episodes combined. I have trimmed the first episode in the screen shot below but I see no way to then save that trim and then be able to trim the next one. I am using DVDFab version 13.0.1.7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1162
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	442861

Is there a better place to post this issue? Anyone else unable to trim or able to?

Comment

After you set the trim point, you can use the Delete button to remove the clip you do not want. The left ones will be those in the output.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20240524-103542.png
Views:	105
Size:	538.9 KB
ID:	442887

Comment

So there is no save button? How do you save?

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
          So there is no save button? How do you save?
          After you have made the change, click on the blue OK button, and then back on the main interface, you will see the runtime of the title only has the part without those deleted clips.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-20240529-120446.png Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	443147

Comment

I was able to get the one large track to trim correctly and I now understand how it works. It would be nice if you could name each trim and be done. It is annoying to have to go back to each file and rename it. Thank you for the help.

Another related question for trimming multiple episodes at once.

I am attempting to copy 3 episodes of The Expanse Season 1 episode 8-10. I want to remove the previous episode clip at the beginning of the episodes and the final 2 episodes are combined into one and I want to split them apart. I ran into a few issues while doing this.
            • Right off there is no way to name the second season correctly. I can only apply one name even though I plan on making two episodes out of it. I went ahead and named it for the episode 9.
            • Next I trimmed the previous episode clip at the beginning of episode 8.
            • I made sure to cut, not merge the files and delete the first clip as I do not want to keep it.
              • Side note it would be nice if you could had the option to type in your desired time
            • Episode 9 works but I am not sure how. I did the same steps as episode 8 but the trims from episode 8 were still there for episode 9. I was not even able to add in a trim at the beginning but it still removed it. This might have worked due to the length of the clip I wanted to remove from the first title was the same for the second title?
            • Next I trimmed the second title in half due to it being a combination of 2 episodes. This almost worked but as you can see at 2:34 the last trim02 was for some reason only 2:45 long when it should have been closer to 42 minutes.
            • I then had to go back in and recopy the 10th episode trimming off the first half of the title.

Video showing the issues I ran into

In past versions I recall this being a lot better. When you trimmed one title it did not get bleed into the next title. Am I just doing it wrong? If I am not doing it wrong it looks like I am going to have to rip one episode at a time in many situation making the process much longer then it should need to be.

On a side note I really wish it did not add trim to the end of every video that has been trimmed. That just means I need to go edit ever file name all over again once it is done.

Comment

Here is another example video. This one is 4 episodes all needing the previous episode clip removed. While it looks like in the video that it will not work this created 4 files exactly as I wanted. All of them had the first minute or so removed from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
              X