What are the pc requirements ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the pc requirements ?

Hopefully, this is a relatively simple question. I am currently using a different downloader that records and downloads from Amazon Prime. The recordings are 720p, and that's the limit. I have read that Amazon Prime downloads will be available with DvdFab Downloader soon. (at higher bit rate). Does my old laptop need to have one of the newest video cards to process the data and record it? I was under the impression that the server would process the data on their end, and slowly download it to users' computers few MBs every few seconds. So, a two hour long movie would take almost two hours. Those who are currently using this new software, would you explain how it exactly works? Thank You.

system requirements are here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/drm-video-down...m?ad=forum_drm

Comment

Originally posted by skoy View Post
      Hopefully, this is a relatively simple question. I am currently using a different downloader that records and downloads from Amazon Prime. The recordings are 720p, and that's the limit. I have read that Amazon Prime downloads will be available with DvdFab Downloader soon. (at higher bit rate). Does my old laptop need to have one of the newest video cards to process the data and record it? I was under the impression that the server would process the data on their end, and slowly download it to users' computers few MBs every few seconds. So, a two hour long movie would take almost two hours. Those who are currently using this new software, would you explain how it exactly works? Thank You.
      Hi,

In DVDFab DRM Downloader, we can playback the video in 2x high speed, so to download a 2 hours video, need 1 hour only, and we are also working on 4x and the real high speed download (Download the video directly without playing back), but to encode the video to MP4 file, it's better to have a GPU (NVIDIA, Intel or AMD) on the computer.

Thanks!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks october262 & Wilson;

Cutting download time to half is pretty cool.

Correct me if I am wrong. In order to have a high speed download, I need to have a relatively new computer and perhaps a dedicated graphics card. Otherwise, 1 or 2X speed download will be ok with older computers as long as they meet requirements.

Any ideas when Amazon Prime will be available?

Comment

Hi,

For Amazon, DRM Downloader will work in another way (Download the video & audio directly and then remux them to MP4 file), and I think that you may not need to upgrade the computer if you are using Amazon only.

Amazon may will be supported in a few days.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 01-03-2021, 12:39 AM.
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi,

For Amazon, DRM Downloader will work in another way (Download the video & audio directly and then remux them to MP4 file), and I think that you may not need to upgrade the computer if you are using Amazon only.

Amazon may will be supported in a few days.

Thanks!

Wilson
            Great cant wait looking forward to it

Comment

I appreciate your answer Wilson. Take care.

Comment

Does higher speed affect video or audio quality? Or increase failures?

Comment

Working...
                X