test of HBOMax Fix so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test of HBOMax Fix so far

So I just downloaded and installed the 3.1.0.1 update (using the offline installer if it matters). I queued up 3 movies to download. Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice, Zack Snyder's Justice League, and Cast Away...

Batman v Superman came down fast and fine. Correct audio (english), video looks good, 1920x816 (2.35:1 ratio), and is progressive (so 1080p)

Zack Snyder Justice League completed, is english, AC-3 6 channel 384kb/s 48kHz audio, it reports 1920x1080 and is progressive. So DVDFab is not cropping the black pillar bars off the sides. Its not really a problem. It just means the file might be a little bigger than needed (due to black bars included) BUT more importantly it will be more compatible for different play back devices! (some of my players have difficulties with non-standard resolutions.

Cast Away contains the correct english audio, is also AC-3 6 channel 384kb/s 48kHz audio, 1920x1080 and is progressive. (so 1080p).

as a bonus, i did a "download now" of Tom & Jerry movie. It completed. Its also the correct English audio, AC-3 6 channel 384kb/s 48kHz audio, 1920x1080 and is progressive. (so 1080p)

edit: All movies have all the credits too
    Last edited by KidJoe; 03-20-2021, 02:46 PM. Reason: Added note about credits

Hi KidJoe, I noticed your post stating that HBO Max is working well now. You said the 3 movies you tested downloaded very fast. Just curious how long did it take to download an average movie? Thanks and take care....BK

Comment

Originally posted by bkexp View Post
      Hi KidJoe, I noticed your post stating that HBO Max is working well now. You said the 3 movies you tested downloaded very fast. Just curious how long did it take to download an average movie? Thanks and take care....BK
      Average 2hr movie takes me about 10-15 minutes to download and remux from HBOMax. I have 1gbps cable and my PC has a i9-10900K cpu with GTX1660ti GPU... Obviously internet speed will factor in, and CPU/GPU could factor in depending on Hardware Acceleration settings.

Comment

Working...
      X