Paramount Plus Download Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount Plus Download Issue

I have Paramount Plus with "limited commercials".

I attempted to download "The Stand" with the following results...
    1) It appears as if the episodes are cutting off after the first commercial break at about 15 minutes.
    2) The files are not inheriting the proper metadata name. This COULD be related not making it to the full video length.

Here are the files for the first 8 episodes...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-21 171629.png
Views:	854
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	392738

Those episodes are generally 50+ minutes each. I have not observed each one complete, but I did see the latest one (with the 5:11pm timestamp), and that appears to be happening when a commercial cut in. I watched the 9th episode closely (not shown), and Paramount was 10 seconds into an 80 second commercial break when DRM Downloader stopped recording.
    Attached Files

Paramount + was working then it started to not put file into named folder, on doing Drawn Together the metapicture isn't right either. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-21 100849.png
Views:	1311
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	392710 [ATTACH]n392709[/ATTACH]

Comment

Tried to download Tommy Boy....everything started fine then 6 seconds into the download, it stopped download and returned to menu. Tried again and just got the spinning circle. Tried to download movie one more time. Top left said downloading and showed movie playing in left screen but the right side didn't show any downloading (screen shot). Let entire movie play out. Nothing! Cancelled movie download and tried a tv show episode.....Star Trek Discovery s03e13....downloaded, but it cut off the last 10 secs or so of episode and the credits. Also, didn't correctly name file. Instead left a file named: 2021_03_21_08_52_08_AYyrfh96xu9Ens2JQBktclGqFgGq3Z I2...that tells me that download wasn't completely downloaded.

Comment

Using Paramount Plus downloader. Video was playing, browser was indicating "downloading" with animated arrow into basket, but downloaded clock was not advancing (00:00:00), neither in the banner timer, nor in the queue timer. Using "High Speed" timer selection.

This happened on a movie. I simply cancelled the movie and started it again, and it successfully seemed to recognize the beginning and started the clock when then the movie started.

This also happened on a series. A whole episode (the 6th in the queue) did not start the clock when the video started. I waited for the episode to end to see what would happen. The result is that Paramount moved on to the 7th episode, but DRM Downloader is recording it as the 6th episode metadata (e.g. recording video of S01E07 into S01E06). Unsure if it will mismatch the subtitles or not...I'm hoping it is just the name of the "container" (filename) that is off. This will probably result in a title/episode mismatch to the remainder of the queue. I will keep the queue going for one more episode to experiment.

Unsure if this is related to the DRM Downloader's attempt to recognize and skip commercials (I am on the Paramount Plus commercials plan).

Comment

Hi,

We will also improve the support for Paramount Plus at this week, please keep your eyes for the change log.

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

That's great news. Thanks for the update Wilson

Comment

Working...
            X