DRM Video Downloader extremely slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Video Downloader extremely slow

I've noticed it over the last couple of updates, but for about a week now, all 3 of my computers running this software are lagging terribly and the speed processing the videos is very slow. It used to download lightning fast, but now it takes about the length of the whole movie or the whole series episode to download the requested movie/show. It's become about a 1:1 ratio. Is it screencapturing in the background now? It's doing this with all 4 downloaders I use... HBO, Disney, Amazon, and Hulu. It was working fantastic for the first couple of months, but just over the last week or two, it's slowed my computers down terribly. When I completely close out DVDFab software on a computer, then I get my speed back, but once the DVDFab downloader is open, even when idle, it causes windows to hang and slows them down a lot. It's become a huge issue because I can't really do much on my computer while it's running because it tremendously slows down everything. My windows explorer file system lags and I sometimes have to wait a couple minutes for it to show a directory contents from a folder I click on. Is there any fixes for this?

Also one other thing, HBOMAX is not letting me download special features, only the main movie on a title. Trying to download the extras for Zack Snyders Justice League can't happen. I can see the video through the regular browser, but in the DVDFAB DRM Downloader program, it errors out. I'll include the logs in case it can help you figure anything out.

Again, thanks for such an awesome program. I appreciate you and your company!
    Attached Files

Here's an updated file with the actual log files in it. It's been having issues with hbomax failing on downloads as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have HBOMax, Disney, Amazon, and Hulu and have not noticed a 1:1 ratio when downloading from them but have noticed Netfilx is rather slow now, really dog days slow. Strange you are seeing this on four different computers running the downloader, hopefully with logs provided they can see why this is happening.

Just a guess but think the extras not downloading is a DRM Video Downloader issue and the computers and speed slowing down until you close out the DVDfab downloader is a windows issue. Windows had a dumb update about 2 weeks again that changed how Edge works and could be the problem you are seeing, if that is your default browser. My other two computers did the update automatically when I wasn't using them, the one I have the downloader on I didn't let it do the update because I didn't like what was changed by Microsoft.

Really don't use the downloader that often until I want to see a new movie, Mortal Kombat was supposed to have came out on HBOMax this weekend, it didn't after going there I found that they updated it with a couple of movies that I wanted to watch. I queued up 12 movies ranging from 1:39 - 2:10 hours/minutes, it took 2:40 hours/minutes to download 11 movies, 1 movie out of the 12 did fail, it was the 5th movie in the batch. After downloading it the second time it downloaded without errors. Have not tried the other sites yet but not seeing the same lag in downloading so far.

Again just throwing a bone out here and is just a hunch that it could have been that update since it appears something changed. Maybe try a different browser as your primary if Edge is your default browser or when DVDfab Downloader is running see what else is running in the background with it slowing your computer down, do you have an anti-virus program running also, could be it also.

Hopefully the dev's can help with your logs....good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

My primary browser is firefox, then chrome. I don't use edge. I too, believe that it has something to do with a microsoft update because all of the computers are acting weird when accessing drm downloader. The speed goes back to normal when I completely close out the software. I have two i7 gen 8 computers and one i5 (not sure what gen), and they all act up when downloader is open. I did try a workaround which seems to be working with one and not the other. What I did was set them to save to a network drive instead of a local drive when outputting the final file during the remux. That did help with the other main computer but not the laptop. The laptop still crawls and one of the other main pcs still crawls. Ever since the windows update, when I try doing something, my main hard drive in the main pc will run solid for a good 2-3 minutes while trying to open up another program when drm downloader is open. Also keep in mind that all the main drives in all the computers are on fast SSDs so I'm stuck on a solution, other than to send a nasty letter to microsoft, ugh!

Sure hope there's a resolution for this. Thanks again for the reply Down2Earth

Comment

To get around the HBOMax issue of not getting special features/extras: in your deafult browser (not the DVDFabg Downloader browser) navigate to the special/extra you are looking for. Add it to your list (select the + below the title/next to the play button). Now in in the DVDFab Downlader browser, go to the HBOMax home screen and scroll down to "Your List" - you will see the title(s) there, play them and DVDFab Downloader should recognize/download them....

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I've already done that. It does not work. It's in my list, but it fails to play or download once it's in my list

Comment

Please give the latest version 3.2.0.0 a try and feedback.Thanks.

Comment

Still doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                X