DRM Downloader idle, using most RAM & causing computer to lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Downloader idle, using most RAM & causing computer to lag

I had DRM Downloader open on my computer for a couple hours idling and not downloading anything. My computer hard drive kept running solid and everything slowed down to where my mouse was unresponsive for about 10 minutes. After about 30 minutes of the hard drive running constantly, it finally let me open up my task manager in windows 10 and I noticed my available RAM was maxed out. The program was sitting idle and the qcef.exe file was using 13GB of RAM. I had to reboot my computer to get it to be normally responsive again. It was just updated to 3.2.0.4 version yesterday, and about 12 hours after that, this happened. Is this normal sometimes? I've attached a screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qcef.png
Views:	2592
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	395379
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	qcef2.png
Views:	2533
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	395382Attached the log file. Also, now I have 4 QCef.exe files running while the program is completely closed out. I end the task on them and they don't go away.

Comment

Here's the log file
      Attached Files

Comment

I will pass your report to the developer.

Comment

It's fixed, shall you have the same issue with the latest version, please feedback, thank you.

Comment

Having the same issue happening again with the latest version 5.0.1.3. It's eating up all my RAM again and is still running long after shutting down streamfab. I have to kill the process through the windows task manager in order for the qcef.exe to shut down. When the file is running, it's spinning the shit out of my hard drive making my computer pretty much useless because it lags so bad.

Comment

Please supply the latest log folder, thank you.

Comment

I had the same problem. Here are the logs
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rfryar View Post
                  I had the same problem. Here are the logs
                  OKay, I have passed it to the developer.

Comment

Any update? Qcef is still taking up all the RAM and making my computer basically unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRip View Post
                      Any update? Qcef is still taking up all the RAM and making my computer basically unusable.
                      Please submit your log folder, especially the one named Qcef. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please submit your log folder, especially the one named Qcef. Thanks.
                        I'm having the issue again as well. I'm trying to submit the qcef log file. Is it normal to be 2.69GB uncompressed? I zipped it and now it's 108MB and says it's too big to upload so I uploaded it to anonfiles since it's too big to send over here or by email. Here's the anonfiles link: xxxx

Please let me know what in the world is going on. Thanks Mona.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post

I'm having the issue again as well. I'm trying to submit the qcef log file. Is it normal to be 2.69GB uncompressed? I zipped it and now it's 108MB and says it's too big to upload so I uploaded it to anonfiles since it's too big to send over here or by email. Here's the anonfiles link: xxxx

Please let me know what in the world is going on. Thanks Mona.
                          It should not be that large, it is because you encounter this problem, that it gets such a large size. Is it okay that you upload the file to our FTP site? I got a lot of virus popups after I clicked on the link to proceed to the download. I will need to remove the link in your post just in case.

Please kindly check PM, thank you.

Comment

PM checked and responded. Thanks!

Btw... I just checked that link since it's still accessible on one of the "xxxx" you changed. I didn't get any virus popups and it went right to the download. Maybe it has something to do with having adblocker, antivirus, and firewall all running.

Anyway, hope this info helps.
                            Last edited by corey75; 05-29-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I've passed the file to the developer.

Comment

Working...
                              X