Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resource Updated Message. What was fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resource Updated Message. What was fixed?

When starting StreamFab this morning, I got a notice that resources were being updated. What will the updated resources fix?

I was hoping that P+ hanging at parsing data was the fix but no luck there.

Thanks.

The update either hangs or fails and StreamFab now refuses to run. I tried reinstalling it (4.0.0.2) and the same problem occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyJet View Post
      When starting StreamFab this morning, I got a notice that resources were being updated. What will the updated resources fix?

I was hoping that P+ hanging at parsing data was the fix but no luck there.

Thanks.
      Are you trying to download from Paramount Ca?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1580 View Post
        The update either hangs or fails and StreamFab now refuses to run. I tried reinstalling it (4.0.0.2) and the same problem occurs.
        Please uninstall StreamFab, delete the whole StreamFab folder, and then download and install it to try again.

Comment

I have gone through several iterations of,
          - Uninstall StreamFab (and check the "do not retain settings" box)
          - Delete the StreamFab folders.
          - Reboot system.
          - Reinstall StreamFab 4.0.0.2

When I launch StreamFab the update box pops up and sometimes it says it fails, and sometimes it says it is updating (100%). I have to manually close the window. I launch StreamFab and authorize it, but when I go to download something, the download icon is missing. Also, every time I launch StreamFab the "Update Important Resources" window pops up with an "Update Failed" message. Retrying has no effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Are you trying to download from Paramount Ca?
            No. USA with no VPN. It seems like all my P+ movies fail but old TV series DL fine. One oddity I saw is that the ad plays before the TV episode DL starts for each episode. With movies, the ad does not play before the movie. I will start a new thread with a log file showing the failure later today. My guess is that something in the way ads are served is breaking my P+ download. May not happen with an ad free account.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please uninstall StreamFab, delete the whole StreamFab folder, and then download and install it to try again.
              As I mentioned above, I tried that and it still fails.

Here is what I find in the update.log file when I hit the "retry" button:
              app info: app(version 1.2) start, compiled time Jun 2 2021 19:39:31
              2021.06.29-15:08:04 (14696): app args: count 2,arg 0:C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\StreamUpdate.exe,arg 1:F:\Temp/update/update_config.xml,
              2021.06.29-15:08:05 (14844): AdvertisingInfo: id = 2 get ad info success
              2021.06.29-15:08:05 (14844): Current software: 49 StreamFab (x64) 4.0.0.2
              2021.06.29-15:08:05 (14844): Download setup.exe file, Load configure failed!

I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X