4.0.0.6 Disney+ Resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.0.0.6 Disney+ Resolution?

As of this newest version what resolution is Disney+ meant to be? I've just tried the newest episode of "The Mysterious Benedict Society" and it was 720p is everything 720p or is it pot luck being able to get 1080p?

Originally posted by VirulentPip View Post
    As of this newest version what resolution is Disney+ meant to be? I've just tried the newest episode of "The Mysterious Benedict Society" and it was 720p is everything 720p or is it pot luck being able to get 1080p?
    When Disney+ support in DVDFab DRM Downloader came out, the method of "downloading" from Disney+ meant watching (at 1x or 2x speed) while downloading, and resulted in files with 1080p video but only 2 channel audio.

When they switched to the new method that allowed for much faster downloads and 5.1 audio, resolution was limited to 720p max and has been ever since, and that continues with StreamFab 4.0.0.5.

The DVDFab team has not said if they have any plans to "fix" or "change" the product so that it does both 1080p downloads PLUS 5.1 audio with Disney+, or not.

*MY* expectation has been that we're stuck with 720p for Disney+ (and Hulu) in DRM Downloader/StreamFab.

I know a recent advertisement email was sent talking about an update, but there is no release date mentioned, it does say they are still working Amazon issues, and the rest of the wording leaves a lot open to interpretation so I don't want to draw any conclusions from it.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      When Disney+ support in DVDFab DRM Downloader came out, the method of "downloading" from Disney+ meant watching (at 1x or 2x speed) while downloading, and resulted in files with 1080p video but only 2 channel audio.

When they switched to the new method that allowed for much faster downloads and 5.1 audio, resolution was limited to 720p max and has been ever since, and that continues with StreamFab 4.0.0.5.

The DVDFab team has not said if they have any plans to "fix" or "change" the product so that it does both 1080p downloads PLUS 5.1 audio with Disney+, or not.

*MY* expectation has been that we're stuck with 720p for Disney+ (and Hulu) in DRM Downloader/StreamFab.

I know a recent advertisement email was sent talking about an update, but there is no release date mentioned, it does say they are still working Amazon issues, and the rest of the wording leaves a lot open to interpretation so I don't want to draw any conclusions from it.
      Disney+ and Hulu are both limited to 720p in any browser you use on a computer. This is a technical limitation on their end, not StreamFab's. Considering that StreamFab is built around a browser, this doesn't appear to be a problem that's going to be resolved any time soon. And as you said, given that the previous solution was a screen recording at much slower speeds with worse quality sound, I'd personally take fast 720p downloads with 5.1 sound over slow 1080p re-encoded recordings with stereo sound any day.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user
        I've asked several times about fixing Disney+ and the thread is either ignored or straight up closed,

The ONLY conclusion that can be reached is they have NO intention of fixing. They will probably close this thread too and claim it has false info. but I've already switched to another app that is supporting 1080p for Disney+

No more free beta testing of that site
        Could you tell me what that app is? Its most probably a screen recorder not a downloader, because in order to get 1080P on a download you need an L1 CDM and its been disabled by Widevine.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

You can read about Hulu's technical limitations on their website: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/video-quality Maybe it WAS done at 1080p, it's not possible now and you going around whining about it on every thread for weeks isn't going to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by tdfrgsn View Post

You can read about Hulu's technical limitations on their website: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/video-quality Maybe it WAS done at 1080p, it's not possible now and you going around whining about it on every thread for weeks isn't going to change that.
            You are the big whiner, maybe try explaining a little better because what you said just is not true. I get some Hulu at 1080P , and it is possible now. Try to put other people down, worry about yourself.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

You are the big whiner, maybe try explaining a little better because what you said just is not true. I get some Hulu at 1080P , and it is possible now. Try to put other people down, worry about yourself.
              This was a response to someone else but the post was removed and the quote disappeared, I wasn't trying to insult anyone else. Having said that, you don't get Hulu in 1080p on a computer using a browser. Period. This is directly from the page I linked: "Hulu.com streams in quality up to 720p. Streaming in 720p depends on the configuration of the device you are using. Contractual restrictions and digital rights management policies prevent Hulu from streaming in 720p unless the device as configured is HDCP compliant" If you are watching Hulu in a browser and think it is 1080p you are mistaken. Having said all that, Hulu does have 1080p and 4K video on streaming devices and presumably apps but since StreamFab isn't one of those things, unless Hulu changes their technical limitations no amount of development will somehow let them download 1080p video.

Also, Disney doesn't list their technical limitations like Hulu does so I don't want to speak with certainty about them, but since it's well known that Disney+ is now limited to 720p in every browser and Hulu is a part of Disney, I would guess the same thing about 1080p being currently impossible with Disney+ is also true.

Comment

Does anyone know when downloading You tube videos some don't download and I get Win 2 errors?
                Thanks!

Comment

Ok so where are we with the 1080p downloads? You can still do it in Paramount+ but not Amazon, Netflix etc. I bought movies from Amazon Prime and I still cannot download them in there highest quality? This sales clip is directly from your platform.

Download videos in 1080p and EAC3 5.1 audio tracks

With regards to downloading videos, the StreamFab products allow you to download videos in HD 720p or Full HD 1080p quality. The choice is yours.
                  Additionally, you also have the option to download videos with either EAC3 5.1, AC3 5.1 or AAC 2.0 sound channels.

What is the problem here? It worked at the beginning when I purchased the Lifetime Streaming when is DVD Fab gonna make good on this purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by edjr1701e View Post
                    Ok so where are we with the 1080p downloads? You can still do it in Paramount+ but not Amazon, Netflix etc. I bought movies from Amazon Prime and I still cannot download them in there highest quality? This sales clip is directly from your platform.

Download videos in 1080p and EAC3 5.1 audio tracks

With regards to downloading videos, the StreamFab products allow you to download videos in HD 720p or Full HD 1080p quality. The choice is yours.
                    Additionally, you also have the option to download videos with either EAC3 5.1, AC3 5.1 or AAC 2.0 sound channels.

What is the problem here? It worked at the beginning when I purchased the Lifetime Streaming when is DVD Fab gonna make good on this purchase?
                    I really want to know this also, I'm getting very impatient with this. Netflix only worked on 1 frickn build, get this straight asap I've spent to much money on this to be waiting half a year for promised functions.

Comment

Disney + and Hulu Dont Stream at 1080p on Chromium based Browsers or they use L1 Encryption for 1080p which requires special Hardware so stop asking for 1080p on Disney or Hulu its not gonna happen anytime soon .

Amazon, Netflix, HBO Max etc use L3 Encryption for there content. Widevine recently Revoked there Private Keys as they where cracked this is why the Downloaders stopped working.
                      The New Key has already been cracked by others but the DVDFab needs to either find the new solution or crack it them selves.

If you are over waiting do some research not that hard to find alternatives while you wait for the DVDFab Staff to get it working again.

Comment

Originally posted by PedroT92 View Post
                        Disney + and Hulu Dont Stream at 1080p on Chromium based Browsers or they use L1 Encryption for 1080p which requires special Hardware so stop asking for 1080p on Disney or Hulu its not gonna happen anytime soon .
                        100% false
                        When the product came out, it DID grab from Disney+ at 1080p.
                        No special hardware was, or is, required to do so
                        Developers chose to change how this was handled

Stop spreading false information and attacking those of us who want a quality product (which we DID pay a premium for). This is getting old really fast.

Comment

100% false
                          When the product came out, it DID grab from Disney+ at 1080p.
                          No special hardware was, or is, required to do so
                          Developers chose to change how this was handled
                          Mate this is a FACT. Go read a book or something to get at least some knowledge on the way this stuff works before making false claims especially to the developers.

Stop spreading false information and attacking those of us who want a quality product (which we DID pay a premium for). This is getting old really fast.
                          The only thing getting old is people like you crying saying " I paid for This and Im Only Getting This". And if you think $150 is a Premium for a Lifetime Subscription you are a joke.

Comment

At least a lot of older people know how to use grammar and punctuation vs our youth. I really doubt he was 'crying'. The developers can find a way to bypass the 720P limit for Desktop browsers and make 1080P possible, but due to the complexity of the new copy protections it can cause new inventive ways to be needed. Both of you should relax a bit. Actually, 150$ would be a pretty good price for Premium. There isn't anything "wrong" with informing a creator of a programs that the program isn't functioning as expected..but there should be a decent spacing of the comments - however, more than a few people it can then SEEM like a lot. I've heard plenty of 20 and 30-somethings complain about stuff they shouldn't be complaining about but think they're self-entitled to a lot of stuff.

Supporting development of very complex software does mean it happens quickly perpetually. Not all programmers are good, and some have to do a quick crash-course. I don't have any patience, I live in the moment..calmly and I'm aware of how progress happens and much more. More people should live that way...much less stressful and much fewer name calling, and bad attitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post
                              At least a lot of older people know how to use grammar and punctuation vs our youth. I really doubt he was 'crying'. The developers can find a way to bypass the 720P limit for Desktop browsers and make 1080P possible, but due to the complexity of the new copy protections it can cause new inventive ways to be needed. Both of you should relax a bit. Actually, 150$ would be a pretty good price for Premium. There isn't anything "wrong" with informing a creator of a programs that the program isn't functioning as expected..but there should be a decent spacing of the comments - however, more than a few people it can then SEEM like a lot. I've heard plenty of 20 and 30-somethings complain about stuff they shouldn't be complaining about but think they're self-entitled to a lot of stuff.

Supporting development of very complex software does mean it happens quickly perpetually. Not all programmers are good, and some have to do a quick crash-course. I don't have any patience, I live in the moment..calmly and I'm aware of how progress happens and much more. More people should live that way...much less stressful and much fewer name calling, and bad attitudes.
                              Well said. And I admit I did lose my cool then.

But I also gave a lot of information that could have simply been checked. Rather than saying I'm spreading false information.

Yes, the software did get 1080p Originally. But the software first worked as a Screen Recorder and not as Downloader. Something that could have simply been checked.

I wrote my previous comment so people could understand what the issue is and how it's not as simple as flicking a switch. And the Developers are not just choosing not to do something.

The software could be improved a lot more. I know for a fact they can also grab EAC3 with Atmos on Disney Plus, Netflix, and HBO Max as those providers don't DRM the audio files. While not required it also nice to have.

But getting bombarded with comments saying they are doing no good or that they are scamming would definitely not motivate the developers very much to get things back on track.

Comment

Working...
                              X