HBOMax - Lovecraft Country E06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOMax - Lovecraft Country E06

I was able to download all episodes except episode 6. For a while it would download with the english director's commentary now it just gets an error right away. let me know if you need the logs etc. I can easily re-create this issue.

Yes, we need the log file, please post the one named drmDownloader, thanks.

Comment

Here is my DRMDownloader log file. Hope this helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

The latest update now downloads the episode but the audio it gets is the director commentary.. I attached the log file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the update. I have passed your log file to the developer.

Comment

It's not Director's Commentary....it's Audio Descriptive for the hearing impaired.

If this helps....this was a known issue with HBOMAX itself when they started Audio Descriptive. Most shows were fixed, but not all...Last I checked, one episode of the Nevers
            also only played Descriptive Audio. It probably won't help but did you try different Audio qualities? On a standalone downloader (not commercial), I get the same result. One
            possible fix is to complain to HBOMAX that your ROKU will only play the AD Audio and they will hopefully fix it. ROKU cannot turn on or off AD Audio.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
              It's not Director's Commentary....it's Audio Descriptive for the hearing impaired.

If this helps....this was a known issue with HBOMAX itself when they started Audio Descriptive. Most shows were fixed, but not all...Last I checked, one episode of the Nevers
              also only played Descriptive Audio. It probably won't help but did you try different Audio qualities? On a standalone downloader (not commercial), I get the same result. One
              possible fix is to complain to HBOMAX that your ROKU will only play the AD Audio and they will hopefully fix it. ROKU cannot turn on or off AD Audio.
              while watching a movie on ROKU press the star (*) button on your remote 4 times and see if the Audio Descriptive for the hearing impaired
              quits or change the audio setting from stereo to auto detect then back to stereo. see if that works

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

When I play the same episode using just the edge browser it plays the correct audio. When I display the audio setting on the episode it shows it as some oriental characters and the word default. it does not show as english, but it is in english.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

while watching a movie on ROKU press the star (*) button on your remote 4 times and see if the Audio Descriptive for the hearing impaired
                  quits or change the audio setting from stereo to auto detect then back to stereo. see if that works
                  Thanks...I don't use a ROKU, but some of the older models can't deal with it....you can't exactly tell HBOMAX that you can't download the correct Audio....can you please fix it, so
                  the ROKU is a good excuse for them to actually correct the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GomezAddams View Post

When I play the same episode using just the edge browser it plays the correct audio. When I display the audio setting on the episode it shows it as some oriental characters and the word default. it does not show as english, but it is in english.
                    You should be able to play it correctly in any browser...it's a problem downloading it. It defaults the AD audio MPD file when downloading. This is a problem, but further research...this episode does play in Korean, which are the characters you see. About half the episode is Korean and the other English. Forced English subs appear with the Korean dialogue. Sorry for the miss-info on the episode, but that is how it is supposed to play. That is the default Audio Track.

Comment

I changed the language to Spanish and the same file was downloaded with the audio description in English. So the language setting in the downloader is not being honored.

Comment

Originally posted by GomezAddams View Post
                        I changed the language to Spanish and the same file was downloaded with the audio description in English. So the language setting in the downloader is not being honored.
                        There are only two choices...AD with English Description Spoken and Mixed Korean and English (Original) with forced English Subs. Spanish is not even an option on the website.

Comment

I tried this again with the latest version. The first time it allowed me to pick Korean for the audio and it downloaded the Korean version which is actually the same as the English version when I watch it in my browser. I tried it again just to see if it would download the English version and this time it did not allow me to pick Korean and the English version was the audio descriptive version. I now have the correct file so I will no longer consider this issue open.

Comment

Working...
                          X