Update problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update problem

I just updated StreamFab and when trying to open any of the streaming services, I get file corrupted, this program has been manipulated and maybe.., (added screenshot), I also tried uninstalling then reinstalling, I get same message.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-06 112834.png
Views:	818
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	398738

Just a hunch but what I'm seeing that error is pointing to the old DRMDownloader exe program and not StreamFab, I just downloaded V4.0.1.2 and didn't get that message, thinking some how it is conflicting with the new update, if you still have the old DRMDownloader program on your computer, try deleting it and reinstalling V4.0.1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
      Just a hunch but what I'm seeing that error is pointing to the old DRMDownloader exe program and not StreamFab, I just downloaded V4.0.1.2 and didn't get that message, thinking some how it is conflicting with the new update, if you still have the old DRMDownloader program on your computer, try deleting it and reinstalling V4.0.1.2.
      No I don't have DMRDownloader installed. I had this problem about 2 versions back on other updates but a computer restart got rid of it, this time a restart didn't.

Comment

I uninstalled V4.0.1.2 and went back to V4.0.1.1 and it works fine on this version.

Comment

Are you using the "update" feature in the app? or the Online installer?

Maybe try the Off Line installer? https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
            Are you using the "update" feature in the app? or the Online installer?

Maybe try the Off Line installer? https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64
            I've tried it both ways, same result.

Comment

Originally posted by rmcaw52 View Post

I've tried it both ways, same result.
              first - make sure that you are running streamfab "as administrator"
              second - check your antivirus / security software to see if it's not blocking streamfab from starting properly.
              try adding streamfab to your exclusions list in your antivirus software.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

first - make sure that you are running streamfab "as administrator"
                second - check your antivirus / security software to see if it's not blocking streamfab from starting properly.
                try adding streamfab to your exclusions list in your antivirus software.
                It is and why does V4.0.1.1 not give the warning and work fine!

Comment

I was suffering from a similar issue on v4.0.1.2.
                  In my case, DRM Downloader was launched, but it was not visibled.
                  I read the article in this thread and tried to resolve the conflict issue.

Try selecting the check box to remove the setting to uninstall StreamFab.
                  I have successfully launched the DRM Downloader this way.

Comment

Originally posted by potofo View Post
                    I was suffering from a similar issue on v4.0.1.2.
                    In my case, DRM Downloader was launched, but it was not visibled.
                    I read the article in this thread and tried to resolve the conflict issue.

Try selecting the check box to remove the setting to uninstall StreamFab.
                    I have successfully launched the DRM Downloader this way.
                    I did uncheck the keep settings when uninstalling, if that's what you mean, still get message on v4.0.1.2 after installed! Still no DMR downloader listed!
                    Last edited by rmcaw52; 08-07-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Still having warning sign on v4.0.1.2, reinstalled v4.0.1.1 with no problem! Attaching logs StreamFab logs.zip

Comment

Still having warning sign on v4.0.1.2, reinstalled v4.0.1.1 with no problem! Attaching logs [ATTACH]n398800[/ATTACH]
                        try doing a manual update to your antivirus software and see if you still get
                        the error when starting streamfab. if the message still shows, add streamfab to your
                        antivirus software exception list.
                        Last edited by october262; 08-08-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try doing a manual update to your antivirus software and see if you still get
                          the error when starting streamfab. if the message still shows, add streamfab to your
                          antivirus software exception list.
                          I have Spectrum security suite, free with my Spectrum internet, I excluded C:\Program files\DVDFab\StreamFab on app and file control. It worked but do I need to worry that it will not be blocked or scanned for virus's? DVDFab is allowed on Windows Defender Firewall, also.

Comment

I have Spectrum security suite, free with my Spectrum internet, I excluded C:\Program files\DVDFab\StreamFab on app and file control. It worked but do I need to worry that it will not be blocked or scanned for virus's?
                            Believe you will be okay, Spectrum security suite was blocking StreamFab to be executed, Norton's at first was doing the same to me but was with the qefdrm.exe file, like your experience an old version worked. StreamFab is not your browser its an extension to your browser, basically an add on app. All you did was allow it to run, your main internet browser will still catch the bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Believe you will be okay, Spectrum security suite was blocking StreamFab to be executed, Norton's at first was doing the same to me but was with the qefdrm.exe file, like your experience an old version worked. StreamFab is not your browser its an extension to your browser, basically an add on app. All you did was allow it to run, your main internet browser will still catch the bad guys.
                              Thanks! Sounds good to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X