Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon "Jolt" and "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse" Only get 2.0 audio. Anyone else?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon "Jolt" and "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse" Only get 2.0 audio. Anyone else?

"Voyagers" and many other older titles download fine in eac3 5.1, but not these newest titles. Streamfab says it is, but i only get stereo.

Is this a known issue and I just need to be patient or are others getting 5.1 for these titles?

Post your results please.

And as always:
    Here's the log files for "Jolt" and "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse" downloading in 2.0 audio only.
    Attached Files

Just checked the copy of Jolt I downloaded with 4.0.1.2. Yes, I only got 2 channel E-AC3 audio.

Comment

see post #1 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated under supported websites - Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        Just checked the copy of Jolt I downloaded with 4.0.1.2. Yes, I only got 2 channel E-AC3 audio.
        Thanks KidJoe. That's what I needed to know.

StreamFab staff, the logs are attached in first post.

Comment

Hi,

Not all of the video has EAC3-5.1 audio, some of videos has 2.0 only, but we will confirm for this video.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

As far as I've seen, higher resolution 5.1 streams are tied to the 4K/UHD stream for Amazon Prime Original content since the DRM change earlier this year. That is, if you select any language OTHER than English you'll get 640 kbps 5.1 audio for Prime Original content but for English the highest available with a 1080p stream is 192 kbps 5.1 or 224 kbps 2.0. Since the stereo is higher quality, it is what gets downloaded. And since EVERY Prime Original release is now in 4K, everything released since the end of May is going to download with stereo sound.

Comment

I am going to have to check this on my TV with my Roku. My TV is not 4K and I think it would be very bad for Amazon to say, sorry no 5.1 cause you don't have a 4K TV when my expensive surround sound system is more than capable of reproducing it.

Comment

So I just downloaded The Tomorrow War, it is 640 kb/s 48kHz, 6 channel (5.1) E-AC-3 (DD+). tdfrgsn this was released on July 21, after the Amazon change, so are you saying that since I have English as default for audio, that for 1080p I should have been limited to 192K for 5.1 audio? Because it wasn't. Not saying its not an Amazon issue, just trying to better understand what is happening.

I also downloaded Tom Clancy's Without Remorse again. This was released on April 30 so pre-dates the Amazon change, and today came down with 224 kb/s, 84 kHz, 2 Channel E-AC-3 (DD+) audio. That being said, my original download from April 30 has 640 kb/s 48 kHz, 6 Channel (5.1), E-AC-3 (DD+) audio.

I'm attaching my log folder contents, minus the Amazon_MPD.zip file and Amazon_MetaDownload.xml as they make the attachment too big.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by KidJoe; 08-09-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I also downloaded Tom Clancy's Without Remorse again. This was released on April 30 so pre-dates the Amazon change, and today came down with 224 kb/s, 84 kHz, 2 Channel E-AC-3 (DD+) audio. That being said, my original download from April 30 has 640 kb/s 48 kHz, 6 Channel (5.1), E-AC-3 (DD+) audio.
                  Was audio downloading different than downloading video? StreamFab for Amazon when Tom Clancy's - Without Remorse was released was still broke, video was so bad I stopped downloading anything from there, not sure about the audio.

Comment

So I just downloaded The Tomorrow War, it is 640 kb/s 48kHz, 6 channel (5.1) E-AC-3 (DD+). tdfrgsn this was released on July 21, after the Amazon change, so are you saying that since I have English as default for audio, that for 1080p I should have been limited to 192K for 5.1 audio? Because it wasn't. Not saying its not an Amazon issue, just trying to better understand what is happening.
                    I wondered the same thing, The Tomorrow War was actually produced by Paramount Pictures for a Theatrical release but due to covid it was sold to Amazon for $200 mil, so basically not an Amazon Original

"This film was made by Paramount Pictures for a theatrical release but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Paramount sold the film to Amazon Prime Video for $200 million."
                    - The Tomorrow War (2021) - Trivia - IMDb

Comment

I'm attaching my log folder contents, minus the Amazon_MPD.zip file and Amazon_MetaDownload.xml as they make the attachment too big.
                      The Tomorrow War originally would only download in stereo too, they changed it a couple weeks ago and AFAIK is the only title that will download 640 kbps 5.1 sound. The thing with the dates isn't exact, I just know that older titles still download 640 kbps 5.1 sound but newer titles do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Was audio downloading different than downloading video? StreamFab for Amazon when Tom Clancy's - Without Remorse was released was still broke, video was so bad I stopped downloading anything from there, not sure about the audio.
                        Without Remorse was the last one I recall downloading before Amazon broke. It was released on April 30, and that is the same day I downloaded.

Looking back in the forum, the reports of issues with Amazon began happening on starting May 12.

While StreamFab was only downloading SD video I stopped using it for Amazon.

Comment

Just downloaded Jolt with StreamFab 4.0.1.3 that was just released. I have StreamFab set for h.265 for Amazon. This time Jolt came down with 640 kb/s, 6 channel, E-AC-3 (DD+) audio. (And HEVC video)

Comment

Working...
                          X