StreamFab v4.0.1.2 (Win): Netflix will only download 720p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v4.0.1.2 (Win): Netflix will only download 720p

Hi, any title I will get on Netflix is in 720p. StreamFab will first send the Message: Speed 1x, 1080p, EAC3 but then it switched to 720p.

Log is attached

Greetz STonY
    Attached Files

Strange......What region are you downloading from, I just downloaded these three from Netflix and they all came down as1080, 5.1.
    Rurouni Kenshin_ The Final
    Rurouni Kenshin_ The Beginning
    Kingdom Ashin of the North

Edit>>>I am still on V4.0.1.2 also for my/those downloads, might want to try V4.0.1.3, that is what you're going to hear anyway.
    Last edited by Down2Earth; 08-11-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
      Strange......What region are you downloading from, I just downloaded these three from Netflix and they all came down as1080, 5.1.
      Rurouni Kenshin_ The Final
      Rurouni Kenshin_ The Beginning
      Kingdom Ashin of the North

Edit>>>I am still on V4.0.1.2 also for my/those downloads, might want to try V4.0.1.3, that is what you're going to hear anyway.
      I download from germany. I tried with the newest version 4.0.1.3 but it still is going to 720p

Comment

I must update: It is only some with titles on 720p and 540p, the most are 1080p. I couldnt imagine why.
        Version is now 4.0.1.3

Comment

Originally posted by skewed_stony View Post
          I must update: It is only some with titles on 720p and 540p, the most are 1080p. I couldnt imagine why.
          Version is now 4.0.1.3
          Not all titles are actually available in FHD, some are only HD or SD, particularly old titles that came out pre 2000 when most broadcasters where only using the lower formats

Comment

The vast majority I download from Netflix are 1080p.

But even in the past, no matter what version of StreamFab or DRM Downloader, I've always had those occasional titles that downloaded as 480p, 540p, or 576p.. like Eat Pray Love, or My Best Friend's Wedding, Talladega Nights The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, The Da Vinci Code, Surfs Up.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post

Not all titles are actually available in FHD, some are only HD or SD, particularly old titles that came out pre 2000 when most broadcasters where only using the lower formats
              This is correct.....even posted this in another thread way back.

KidJoe is also correct......don't know about some of the movies listed but for 'Surfs Up' it downloads on Netflix at 720p but on Amazon it downloads at 1080p, so the limitation appears to be with a combination of when it was produced and with the downloading streaming site and not StreamFab.

In certain cases, I have to add!!
              Last edited by Down2Earth; 08-12-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Netflix just might be broke, I am on V4.0.1.4 now and tried a couple movies that I haven't been able to download with previous versions. They downloaded with no problems with the new update but some are indicating that they are being downloaded at 1080p and 720p but the actually downloaded file is 540p. Movies 'Superbad' for example and I retried 'Surfs Up' since that was noted as such, both movies came down as 540p. Think something is happening in the processing stage that is not right. Providing logs for both downloads for 'Surfs Up' on Amazon and Netflix 'Superbad'
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
                  Netflix just might be broke, I am on V4.0.1.4 now and tried a couple movies that I haven't been able to download with previous versions. They downloaded with no problems with the new update but some are indicating that they are being downloaded at 1080p and 720p but the actually downloaded file is 540p. Movies 'Superbad' for example and I retried 'Surfs Up' since that was noted as such, both movies came down as 540p. Think something is happening in the processing stage that is not right. Providing logs for both downloads for 'Surfs Up' on Amazon and Netflix 'Superbad'
                  Hi DOWN2Earth, there must be a bug in streamfab. I want to backup "BAD BOYS" Collection an it will only download in 540p. It shows 720p AAC but I'll get it with AC3 and 540p.
                  Hopefully sombody from the admins will read this an could get soon a solution. Bad Boys will be only available till 2021-12-31.

Cheers STonY

Comment

Stony....I guess Bad Boys collection is available in Germany on Netflix but it is not available here in the States but it appears all around there is a problem with downloading resolution across the board, not a bug and it has been a roll of the dice with some movies and downloads per providers. Given that...Netflix has been the only one that I have been getting 1080p from, so surprised it is only downloading at 540p where you are. Might want to post a log for the Devs to check out. Also check out this post..... DVDFab Forum - StreamFab FAQ It's noted how screwy things are...

Comment

This is a semi uncommon problem with Netflix and has been for months now. Certain titles will only download as 540p. I was adding titles that it was happening on to a post about this previously, but It looked like Streamfab was ignoring the issue completely so I gave up. Some suggested it was old titles, but Mitchells Vs the Machines was this way since it was freshly released, I doubt that is the problem. Also other services are able to download these same titles at 1080, don't ask for names of these other services, because we're not allowed to mention them. Also the bitrate is so low and they are stereo only on these other services so I prefer to just purchase on Amazon when they're available there

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
                        ...Also other services are able to download these same titles at 1080, don't ask for names of these other services, because we're not allowed to mention them....
                        If by "services" you mean other downloader app, that is a totally different experience than mine. If by service you mean downloading the same movie from another streaming service (like instead of using Amazon, use Paramount+), that is another story.

Even before the Dec 1 DRM changes, even though I can stream them at 1080p via my Roku, for the movies that download via StreamFab from Netflix or Amazon at 480p and 576p for me, they only have the option to download at these same limited resolutions when I've tried downloading them with a downloader from another company (that gives me a pop-up to select the resolution before downloading). Screen recorders I have tried also only get these movies at these limited resolutions.

If you have an app that does download at 1080p, then I wonder if they are using a totally different download method than what StreamFab and the other company's product I have are using.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                          If by "services" you mean other downloader app, that is a totally different experience than mine. If by service you mean downloading the same movie from another streaming service (like instead of using Amazon, use Paramount+), that is another story.

If you have an app that does download at 1080p, then I wonder if they are using a totally different download method than what StreamFab and the other company's product I have are using.
                          Yes other downloaders, they are not downloading PC streams though, they are capturing on devices. So yes it is a different method completely

Comment

Hi @ all! Hopefully I pray that the netflix problem is fixed with the new version 5.0.1.4, but it is still the same issue there.
                            720p AC3 will be shown in the download tab, but 540p is the loaded format.

Comment

Originally posted by skewed_stony View Post
                              Hi @ all! Hopefully I pray that the netflix problem is fixed with the new version 5.0.1.4, but it is still the same issue there.
                              720p AC3 will be shown in the download tab, but 540p is the loaded format.
                              Strange - I just checked it, no problems here (Germany). Pls post some examples of problematic movies or episodes - I'll check if I can reproduce that...

Comment

Working...
                              X