Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPU Hardware Acceleration setting, under Streaming Services settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU Hardware Acceleration setting, under Streaming Services settings?

While this could apply to any version I have a question about the "Enable GPU Hardware Acceleration" option for Streaming Services under Settings.

I know the PDF manual says "if your computer is installed with a higher-end graphics card, you can enable this option to accelerate the download and conversion." Exactly what "conversion" is done, and how does the GPU hardware help speed downloads which are over the internet?

Why I'm asking: My primary PC does have an RTX3060 gpu which does a great job at video encoding/decoding so I have this enabled. But my backup is a Surface Pro 4 that only has the standard Intel HD515 GPU. I've seen quality differences between Intel QuickSync and Nvidia CUDA/NVENC, with Nvidia giving me better looking video, so I'd be hesitant to enable GPU hardware acceleration on the Surface Pro if its going to impact the video quality of the downloads.

Hi,

The option will be removed, for now, the download mode is used for all the streaming services, the video is not re-encoded.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X