StreamFab x64 5.0.0.3 - Not downloading from Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab x64 5.0.0.3 - Not downloading from Amazon

First, let me say what a great software you are developing. Thank you!

I have been having problems downloading Amazon content for months now. Not sure what version my problem started with. However, 5.0.0.3 is still not working for me.

Attached are my log files.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Files

I have passed your log file to the developer.
    Meanwhile, have you tried a complete remove and then reinstall?

Comment

Thank you and yes I have. I had upgraded to the first x5.x beta and it expired, so I uninstalled and reinstalled v4.x and then uninstalled it to reinstall v5.0.0.3. None worked.

I have the entire suite of DVDFab products installed. Should I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the DVDFab products? I only did StreamFab.

Comment

Hello,

I have updated to v5.0.0.5 and no improvement with Amazon.

Has there been any progress on my issue?

Is there anything else I can provide to help?

Comment

by complete remove, that means removing all personal settings, not just the normal uninstall. simple uninstall almost never fixes any problems (just in case that's what you tried already)

Comment

Originally posted by GuyInTulsa View Post
            Hello,

I have updated to v5.0.0.5 and no improvement with Amazon.

Has there been any progress on my issue?

Is there anything else I can provide to help?
            When you re-installed, did you use the Offline installer? Here is link to latest -> https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64

Are you using a VPN?

Keep posting logs. The Devs will look at them and they've been pretty good at fixing issues they find which are in their control (i.e. something in their app)

Comment

I believe I have discovered and fixed my problem.

First to answer the previous questions:
              • I do not use a VPN.
              • I have done a complete uninstall of all DVDFab products. Including manually removing all DVDFab temp files.
              • Did a new install of only StreamFab x64 via the offline installer. (thanks for the link KidJoe)
              None of these things fixed my intermittent download failures from Amazon.

I use Pi-hole, a DNS Sinkhole to reduce unwanted advertising. This is setup on my firewall and affects everything connecting to the Internet from my home. It was necessary to add the following urls to my whitelist:
              • s3.ll.videorolls.row.aiv-cdn.net
              • s3-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net
              • c.amazon-adsystem.com
              • api.us-east-1.aiv-delivery.net
              • s3-iad-ww.cf.videorolls.row.aiv-cdn.net
              This fixed all my Amazon failures. It also had an unexpected affect... Amazon downloads now download at a consistently higher video bit-rate and EAC3 5.1 audio. All I was getting before was stereo.

Thank you for your help!

I am creating a new post regarding ad blockers.

Comment

Working...
              X