Disney+ only on 720p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ only on 720p

Disney+ only on 720p no 1080p possible. When will that be solved?

This is a known limitation on Disney+ (and Hulu) that goes back to a change that Disney made to their PC browser delivery system, which is limited to 720p, Devices can receive higher resolution, but AFAIK there is no work being done to address this in Streamfab currently

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
      This is a known limitation on Disney+ (and Hulu) that goes back to a change that Disney made to their PC browser delivery system, which is limited to 720p, Devices can receive higher resolution, but AFAIK there is no work being done to address this in Streamfab currently
      Disney's own docs state that 1080 is available to a browser. I think the issue is more that StreaFab has not been able to beat the encryption they use yet.

Data usage and streaming quality on Disney+ | Disney+ (disneyplus.com)

Comment

Are those Docs current? it won't stream in any browser I've tried above 720p since March of this year

Comment

If you know of a PC browser that supports Disney+ at 1080p by al means PLEASE share that knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post

Disney's own docs state that 1080 is available to a browser. I think the issue is more that StreaFab has not been able to beat the encryption they use yet.

Data usage and streaming quality on Disney+ | Disney+ (disneyplus.com)
            If you find a browser capable of 1080p playback, please share. Even the software I have that screen records (can use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and even its "own internal" browser) can only do 720p from Disney+ and Hulu.

Comment

I don't know how old that doc is, but you probably do need some sort of hdcp compatible monitor.
              Last I read from the StreamFab guys was we didn't get higher than 720 with D+ is because they could not get it stable

Comment

I have a new 1440p monitor so that is not the problem, other services will stream at 1080p. Everything reports correctly and Disney previously streamed correctly before the March 2021 website updates.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
                  I have a new 1440p monitor so that is not the problem, other services will stream at 1080p. Everything reports correctly and Disney previously streamed correctly before the March 2021 website updates.
                  disney+ is only 720p - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated
                  disney + did allow for 1080p downloads but only for 2 channel audio. see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...080p-or-higher
                  Last edited by october262; 11-27-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Actually 6 channel 1080p was simultaneously supported by the dvdfab downloader for maybe a month or so (maybe less) before Disney changed their websites. It was glorious, but brief

Comment

Working...
                    X