No announcement yet.

YouTube downloader not functioning (both video and .mp3) with version 5.0.1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube downloader not functioning (both video and .mp3) with version 5.0.1.8

Since updating, can not download video (.mp4) or audio files (.mp3) from YouTube. When I right click and select copy video, there is a brief pause then a return to the home screen for that video without a download being initiated.
    Premium sites, such as HBO Max work fine.

Log file attached. StreamFab.log

Please locate the cache folder and delete it to try again and see the result.
    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\temp\

Comment

Deleted the temp folder and tried again. Problem is still there. Tried deleting it again, then uninstalling/reinstalling the Streamfab app (including removing all prior user preferences) and still same problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pulmmd View Post
        Deleted the temp folder and tried again. Problem is still there. Tried deleting it again, then uninstalling/reinstalling the Streamfab app (including removing all prior user preferences) and still same problem.
        does youtube still work if you launch the youtube app and click on the download button ??

Comment

I have only ever tried to do this today for the first time on 5.0.1.8 but a rental I purchased from Youtube will download, but only the first 10 seconds or so are visible then the file seems to get corrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulmmd View Post
            Please remove the current version and then download and install v5016 to try again and see the result. Here is a link for getting v5016:

Comment

Not sure if Youtube app itself will allow downloads. I’m currently away from home and won’t be able to check on this until tomorrow. Will also try going back to 5.0.1.6 tomorrow and post update. Thanks.

Comment

Going back to 5016 has fixed the problem. Guess I should wait to upgrade until next version available?

Comment

Working...
                X