Peacock : Closed captions always visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock : Closed captions always visible

All videos uploaded to Peacock include hidden closed captions that appear when watching the movie on Plex TV.
    However, Streamfab only offers English subtitles. These closed captions are not detected by DVDFAB so it is impossible to remove them.
    When you watch the video on Plex TV with subtitles you have the closed captions version over the English version...
    I don't know how to delete them.
    Can you make a change to not download them with Streamfab?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Willimoon View Post
    All videos uploaded to Peacock include hidden closed captions that appear when watching the movie on Plex TV.
    However, Streamfab only offers English subtitles. These closed captions are not detected by DVDFAB so it is impossible to remove them.
    When you watch the video on Plex TV with subtitles you have the closed captions version over the English version...
    I don't know how to delete them.
    Can you make a change to not download them with Streamfab?
    Thanks
    you can turn off the closed captions - 1. Press select or down (while watching a video)
    2. Click left to reach the speech bubble icon. 3.Click on speech bubble. 4.Click on a language to turn on. 5.Click on “None” to turn off.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

you can turn off the closed captions - 1. Press select or down (while watching a video)
      2. Click left to reach the speech bubble icon. 3.Click on speech bubble. 4.Click on a language to turn on. 5.Click on “None” to turn off.
      Indeed it comes from the Plex application on my Samsung TV, thanks october262! The display of the subtitles varies according to the version of the application installed, the behavior of the apli is thus function of the support (type of TV, computer).
      On my samsung TV I can't change the version of the application and so the closed captions are superimposed on the subtitle unfortunately....

So I ask again: is there a possibility on the streamfab/dvdfab side to remove the closed captions?
      Thanks
      Last edited by Willimoon; 04-01-2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Sorry to say it could not remove the closed captions at present.

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Download MKVtoolnix and then use that one to completely remove the subs you have no need for and then create a new MKV file with out them.
          MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter, split, join and inspect Matroska files(mkv).

I have been using that one for several years to get rid of both subs and audio tracks that i personally had no need for in downloaded movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post
            Download MKVtoolnix and then use that one to completely remove the subs you have no need for and then create a new MKV file with out them.
            MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter, split, join and inspect Matroska files(mkv).

I have been using that one for several years to get rid of both subs and audio tracks that i personally had no need for in downloaded movies.
            Thanks but I had already tried but these tracks are not visible...

Comment

I was able to solve the problem with Plex. Thanks for your suggestions!

Comment

Working...
              X