Windows 11 and HBO Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 11 and HBO Max

I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 from windows 10. When I try to launch HBO Max I get an error "Something has gone wrong". I can still log into it with my Windows 10 PC.
    DrColortek

Originally posted by drcolortek View Post
    I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 from windows 10. When I try to launch HBO Max I get an error "Something has gone wrong". I can still log into it with my Windows 10 PC.
    Hi drcolortek,

Just another user here.

Sadly I'm on Win10/64 pc due to my processor version (I7-6700K) being unsupported for Win11, everything else (TPM/etc..) is ok for Win11.

I don't plan on building another computer for the next year or so due to funds.

Here's some things that might be worth doing for troubleshooting and need additional info for others to help.

1. Are all Windows 11 updates currently installed?
    2. Are there any new or different or different processes running when you look at your Win11 vs Win10 pc?
    (Virus programs/Firewalls/Malwarebytes, etc...) that might effect connectivity
    3. Just for curiosity, ran a command prompt (as administrator) and did an Ipconfig /all to compare results between P.C.'s?
    4. Are you using VPN software on either/both?
    5. What browsers have you used or tried in Win11?
    6. Have you cleared all cookies and cache of browsers?
    7. Have you disabled any adblockers and any other extensions that might intrude in your Win11 browser(s)?
    8. Have you logged into HBOMax on your Windows 10 PC, went to manage devices and signed out all devices?
    9. Are both P.C.'s concurrently connected in different ethernet ports?
    10. Have you tried resetting your router/internet equipment since you upgraded the device?
    11. Already put in a help/ticket request to HBOMax asking for suggestions?

There's something else I want to try here on Win10, before I mention it.

Best of luck!

Comment

I run Windows 11 with no issues. But this is a clean install of 11, not an upgrade. It is possible that something for the software did not copy properly during the upgrade. I would uninstall Fab and re-install it.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
        I run Windows 11 with no issues. But this is a clean install of 11, not an upgrade. It is possible that something for the software did not copy properly during the upgrade. I would uninstall Fab and re-install it.
        I *assumed* that he can't even access HBOMax at all in Win11 upgrade environment with browsers or StreamFab... ?

So deletion of c:\username\documents\DvdFab\StreamFab\*.* and reinstall from offline full StreamFab https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64 is good suggestion if it's only StreamFab with connection issue.

Yeppers on Upgrade vs Clean Install,

I upgraded from Win7 Pro Ultimate to Win10/64bit and had some issues with about 4 programs (Acronis True Image for cloning was worse), default save paths, and registry clutter.

I had save paths for programs/processes that were different/additional to the Windows default ones (see attached default).

Now they are exactly the same (except for download path) after dropping down to the associated folders and setting the locations of the folders to the default paths (which does a move of files too).

No more extra special paths and the only one I have set different is the download path to C:\Up

This had the added benefit of dealing with software conflicts that caused resetting of default apps by Windows 10 to Microsoft ones.

I also ran Regedit backup (very important do do this first) and then command prompt (as administrator) c:\SFC /scannow that analyzed the registry & fixed any issues it found.

Rebooted, did C:\SFC /scannow again with no issues...

Clean installs are probably best, but I have so many programs stuff/that I did an upgrade and it worked out ok.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mike_M; 04-22-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I have had issues logging into HBO MAX with StreamFab. Try this:

Sign out of HBO MAX in StreamFAB (I don't remember if I needed to restart SF, but it won't hurt to do so)
          Sign out of HBO MAX in your default web browser
          In your default web browser, sign in to HBO MAX. (for me I need to do additional authentication through Google/YoutubeTV since I pay for HBO MAX through YouTubeTV. This can NOT be done trough StreamFab, needs to be done in default web browser)
          Finally sign into HBO MAX in StreamFab.

This has worked for me in the past, there was something about the order in which I signed into HBO MAX.

Comment

Working...
          X