[5.0.3.1] Hulu dropped to 360p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[5.0.3.1] Hulu dropped to 360p

As of this morning (no sure what time), it looks like Hulu has been dropped to 360p
    Confirmed that this ONLY affects 5.0.3.1 . With multi-device license, held one back to 5.0.3.0 , one on 5.0.3.1. Same network, same house, just different floors, same exact show.
    One dwnloads the show at 360
    One downloads at 720

Every hulu show on 5.0.3.1 , movie, etc, is processed as 360p

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 04-28-22 at 02.43 PM 001.png
Views:	519
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	409240 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 04-28-22 at 02.43 PM.png
Views:	427
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	409241

Just confirmed this is 5.0.3.1 only.
    Uninstalled 5.0.3.1
    Downgraded
    Everything comes back to 720p

Something got messed up, horribly in 5.0.3.1

Comment

Is anything 1080p anymore? 720p is good enough for me, I only have a 27 in monitor, I don't have TV in HK, too expensive
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

twhining9275,

It has already been reported here (twice) and Mona has acknowledged (twice) that they are aware of the problem and will be fixed in a future version. It's always a good practice to read before posting to minimize excess clutter.

Comment

OK..... I'll show my ignorance once again.....

Where can I download the previous version of StreamFab..... version 5.0.3.0?.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since I had forgotten to mention that I also had the good fortune of having 5.0.3.0 still loaded on another licensed laptop..... I came back to do this edit.....

I concur with what twhiting9275 posted above..... The most current version..... 5.0.3.1 causes HULU to download at the lower resolution..... however..... when I moved over to another laptop that had not been updated and still had 5.0.3.0 loaded..... HULU downloaded at 720p as expected.....

So I'll restate my above question here..... Where can I download the previous version of StreamFab..... version 5.0.3.0?.....

And if the answer is..... I can't..... I suggest you make that option available.....

It would require no effort and allow for the normal human error that occurs every so often.....

Thank you!
          Last edited by weavermovies; 04-29-2022, 12:36 AM.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
            OK..... I'll show my ignorance once again.....

Where can I download the previous version of StreamFab..... version 5.0.3.0?.....
            If you paid for the extended download service (about $10), you can download older versions from the members area.

If you are like me and didn't, you must keep the offline installers if you want to have the older versions available to install later.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
              Is anything 1080p anymore? 720p is good enough for me, I only have a 27 in monitor, I don't have TV in HK, too expensive
              This isn't a DRM issue, this is a 5.0.3.1 quirk. It's like they hardcoded 360p in there somewhere, which is bizarre.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              It has already been reported here (twice)
              No, it has not been reported that Hulu is automatically downloading at 360p on 5.0.3.1
              It was reported that HBO is not decrypting past 720.
              There is a rather large difference

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              It's always a good practice to read before posting to minimize excess clutter.
              It's also a good practice to keep quiet when you don't know what's going on, too. I do research posts, and this issue was not reported. This is a separate issue

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
              If you are like me and didn't, you must keep the offline installers if you want to have the older versions available to install later.
              You can buy this from the member's area later on. It's completely worth it
              Last edited by twhiting9275; 04-29-2022, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
                This isn't a DRM issue, this is a 5.0.3.1 quirk. It's like they hardcoded 360p in there somewhere, which is bizarre.

No, it has not been reported that Hulu is automatically downloading at 360p on 5.0.3.1
                It was reported that HBO is not decrypting past 720.
                There is a rather large difference
                Actually 2 other people did report Hulu & the 360p issue prior to yours. First picture is your post and the second is the other posts on the matter. Notice the Started by. time. Their posts are currently on the 2nd page

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hulu1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.4 KB ID:	409255
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Hulu2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	409258
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MrMayor; 04-29-2022, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Please wait for the coming v5032, it will fix the Hulu problem. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, Mrmayor. You beat me to it. Maybe instead of doing research posts that no one asked him to do he could research forum page #2 and beyond. The only reason he does research posts is so he can whine like a baby that DVDFab's developers are no good with comments like this:

"You need to stop passing alpha release software off to your customers. This was, by no means tested properly. Had this been done, you would not see the massive issues that you see in here right now. Start TESTING software properly before you release it. It's become abundantly clear that you do not."

He obviously has no idea how difficult it is to crack DRM and make a program like StreamFAB. If I were a member of the DVDFab Service Team and he wrote that to me I'd send him packing like they did at Redfox.

Comment

Thank you Mona and say thanks to the devs.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                      X