StreamFab 5.0.3.2: HBOmax Profile Switching Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 5.0.3.2: HBOmax Profile Switching Issue

The other day I noticed I was having problems connecting to HBOmax. There are three profiles set up on my account and had always been connecting under my own. But the other day the screen did not advance when I clicked on my profile. Instead, a message above it said “We’re having some trouble switching profiles. Please try again.”

So I temporarily switched to a different profile, but yesterday I was trying to resolve the problem. I logged out of HBOmax, then tried to log back in, and now on each of the three profiles I’m getting that same “switching profiles” error message.

I then did a complete uninstall of StreamFab, rebooted, reinstalled it, and tried logging back into HBOmax. After putting in my name and password, I got a screen that said “Oops! Something Went Wrong, Try refreshing the page or navigating to another page and coming back.”

There was a link to go to the homepage, so I clicked that, and I was presented with the “Who is watching?” page where I would select a profile. No matter which one I chose, I got the same “switching profiles” error as before.

Bottom line: I can’t get into HBOmax. I don’t have this problem watching it on a regular TV, just when trying to get in using StreamFab.

Logfiles of what transpired after reinstalling StreamFab and trying to get into HBOmax attached.
    Attached Files

Have you tried "clear history"?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20220507-113040.png
Views:	390
Size:	591.7 KB
ID:	409493

Comment

Originally posted by BradYonder View Post
      The other day I noticed I was having problems connecting to HBOmax. There are three profiles set up on my account and had always been connecting under my own. But the other day the screen did not advance when I clicked on my profile. Instead, a message above it said “We’re having some trouble switching profiles. Please try again.”

So I temporarily switched to a different profile, but yesterday I was trying to resolve the problem. I logged out of HBOmax, then tried to log back in, and now on each of the three profiles I’m getting that same “switching profiles” error message.

I then did a complete uninstall of StreamFab, rebooted, reinstalled it, and tried logging back into HBOmax. After putting in my name and password, I got a screen that said “Oops! Something Went Wrong, Try refreshing the page or navigating to another page and coming back.”

There was a link to go to the homepage, so I clicked that, and I was presented with the “Who is watching?” page where I would select a profile. No matter which one I chose, I got the same “switching profiles” error as before.

Bottom line: I can’t get into HBOmax. I don’t have this problem watching it on a regular TV, just when trying to get in using StreamFab.

Logfiles of what transpired after reinstalling StreamFab and trying to get into HBOmax attached.
      try what is posted in post #9 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...max-sf-5-0-2-9

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        Have you tried "clear history"?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20220507-113040.png
Views:	390
Size:	591.7 KB
ID:	409493
        After I did the uninstall, reboot, and reinstall, there wasn't any history to clear (from what I recall).

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          Thank you, I will give that a try later today.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
            From that post, the first item suggested to try (by Mona) was to delete this folder:

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\temp\cache

Once I did and attempted to log into HBOmax, I was able to get in without an issue.

I'll make note of this in case it happens again (unless of course a future fix will do this automatically........)

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

HBOMAX website was having problems....seems to be cleared up now. Try again.

Comment

Working...
              X