Issues with updating software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with updating software

I've been having issues with updating my software. It downloads with no problems, but fails to install onto my authorized machines.

Thoughts or solutions? I was thinking maybe uninstalling the program and reinstalling. Would that involve deauthorizing the machine?

check your antivirus / firewall software to make sure that it isn't blocking from
    installing correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyTony View Post
      I've been having issues with updating my software. It downloads with no problems, but fails to install onto my authorized machines.

Thoughts or solutions? I was thinking maybe uninstalling the program and reinstalling. Would that involve deauthorizing the machine?
      Hi,

The below *assumes* your Windows 10/11 64bit, if not someone else might give you some pointers.

You said "updating", which can be interpreted as updating via the StreamFab app.

Are you updating from within StreamFab or via full offline install file?

If updating via StreamFab, I'd recommend first you download the full offline install version instead, close any programs that might interfere with installation, and then run it when StreamFab is closed to see if it successfully updates for you.

Download full offline installer for StreamFab for Windows 64bit

If you still have a problem, then you could (This is what I'd do on my Windows 10/64bit)

1. Uninstall via remove programs, I also check remove my personal settings & reset them in updated version
      2. I delete the following directories C:\Users\"Your User ID"\Documents\DvdFab\StreamFab\Temp &
      C:\Users\"Your User ID"\Documents\DvdFab\StreamFab\Log
      3. Then I usually install from downloaded offline installer (above link)

You don't need to "deauthorize" the machine, because uninstalling via above 3 steps deletes the authorization.

When you launch StreamFab afterwards, you'll need to re-authorize your machine by providing your StreamFab username & Password, which will check your license and validate your purchased software/machine licenses.

Hope this helps and that you're on Windows 10/11 64bit? :-)

Last edited by Mike_M; 05-09-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Thank you! I do have Windows 10 64bit and your guidance was a tremendous help!

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi,

The below *assumes* your Windows 10/11 64bit, if not someone else might give you some pointers.

You said "updating", which can be interpreted as updating via the StreamFab app.

Are you updating from within StreamFab or via full offline install file?

If updating via StreamFab, I'd recommend first you download the full offline install version instead, close any programs that might interfere with installation, and then run it when StreamFab is closed to see if it successfully updates for you.

Download full offline installer for StreamFab for Windows 64bit

If you still have a problem, then you could (This is what I'd do on my Windows 10/64bit)

1. Uninstall via remove programs, I also check remove my personal settings & reset them in updated version
        2. I delete the following directories C:\Users\"Your User ID"\Documents\DvdFab\StreamFab\Temp &
        C:\Users\"Your User ID"\Documents\DvdFab\StreamFab\Log
        3. Then I usually install from downloaded offline installer (above link)

You don't need to "deauthorize" the machine, because uninstalling via above 3 steps deletes the authorization.

When you launch StreamFab afterwards, you'll need to re-authorize your machine by providing your StreamFab username & Password, which will check your license and validate your purchased software/machine licenses.

Hope this helps and that you're on Windows 10/11 64bit? :-)

Comment

Working...
        X