Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRM-MPD - is this treated as a new channel added?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM-MPD - is this treated as a new channel added?

I have tried the new DRM-MPD downloader extension and it appears to work quite well.
    However, as an original DRM Downloader lifetime member, is continued access to this extension available to me for life or do I need to but it again, as the screen seems to indicate.
    I have 3 attempts before "I need to buy it"?
    Confused!

Yes, it says that I need to pay $107 US to download a fourth and subsequent program?
    I can access all new modules added to the VIP Services but the DRM-MPD seems to be treated as something else????
    Clarification required.

Comment

If they are going to make the program work better someone has to pay these wonderful developers.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Movies99 View Post
        I have tried the new DRM-MPD downloader extension and it appears to work quite well.
        However, as an original DRM Downloader lifetime member, is continued access to this extension available to me for life or do I need to but it again, as the screen seems to indicate.
        I have 3 attempts before "I need to buy it"?
        Confused!

I noticed there is no "upgrade" button in StreamFab after this new module was added with a 3 of 3 license for me.

The "Buy" button from within StreamFab (next to module when looking at licenses) doesn't do anything.

I clicked this to see if it was cheaper to get it from within StreamFab or via the DvdFab website (tried with/without logging in to see if price difference with exiting products/licensing). Sometimes, in the past, it gave me a better price when done from within StreamFab module.

Comment

I realize that moving forwardwith new modules costs developer time.
          However, as this claimed to be a “40th” module addition, as the “original” DRM Download subscribers were supposedly to get all future modules for free, does this mean that the DRM-MPD is not a 40th module but a totally new product??
          Was the M3U8 update added as a paid addition?
          Last edited by Movies99; 05-11-2022, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Movies99 View Post
            Was the M3U8 update added as a paid addition?
            Yes the M3U8 was added as a paid addition. As in I'm an early adopter and I have to purchase it to use it, were as all the other VIP services are active on my account and I've not paid any extra

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

I noticed there is no "upgrade" button in StreamFab after this new module was added with a 3 of 3 license for me.

The "Buy" button from within StreamFab (next to module when looking at licenses) doesn't do anything.

I clicked this to see if it was cheaper to get it from within StreamFab or via the DvdFab website (tried with/without logging in to see if price difference with exiting products/licensing). Sometimes, in the past, it gave me a better price when done from within StreamFab module.
              Not in this case, there its better just to access it directly thrue DVDFab's site, which causes the price to drop from $180 to $117
              But realistically, how much need is there for that new DRM tool?
              Last edited by Per K; 05-11-2022, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post

Not in this case, there its better just to access it directly thrue DVDFab's site, which causes the price to drop from $180 to $117
                But realistically, how much need is there for that new DRM tool?
                Depends on your circumstances....if you already have a cable or streaming subscription to showtime or starz...two examples listed, you can download from them
                with the module. It's a little limited right now, but I could see it growing in the future as a catch all downloader for sites that will never get their own module. The two
                I used as an example, I already pay for through cable. If I want to download them, I would have to subscribe again through Amazon. With this module, I can now
                download without any additional costs and I assume when the DRM fix is made, it will likely go up to 1080p.

Comment

Working...
                X