Dolby Atmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolby Atmos

I see an advertisement that stream fab now supports Dolby Atmos. Does anybody know on what services and maybe what titles so that I could give it a try?

Obi-Wan on Disney+ has an Atmos option.

Comment

Amazon, Disney+ and HBOMax have select titles with Atmos (6 channel lossy EAC3-JOC) audio, and StreamFab can download that.

But Atmos does vary by title. For example, On HBOMax Fantasitc Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore has ATMOS and but Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find them does not.

And I say Lossy ATMOS because its compressed and in Dolby Digital+ for streaming, and so not the same as Lossless or uncompressed Atmos in TrueHD that you'd find on a disc.
      Last edited by KidJoe; 06-08-2022, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        Amazon, Disney+ and HBOMax have select titles with Atmos (6 channel lossy EAC3-JOC) audio, and StreamFab can download that.

But Atmos does vary by title. For example, On HBOMax Fantasitc Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore has ATMOS and but Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find them does not.

And I say Lossy ATMOS because its compressed and in Dolby Digital+ for streaming, and so not the same as uncompressed Atmos in TrueHD that you'd find on a disc.
        Thank you much sir. Are there certain streaming boxes that can play these files back using Plex? I currently have an Apple tv4k. I’m assuming they download in mp4 format.

Comment

Netflix, stranger things season 4 has Dolby Atmos - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...hings-season-4

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
            Netflix, stranger things season 4 has Dolby Atmos - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...hings-season-4
            Were you able to download a file and retain the atmos soundtrack?

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post

Were you able to download a file and retain the atmos soundtrack?
              Do not know about that download as noted but I just downloaded the new release from Netflix posted today...."Hustle (2022)" with Adam Sandler and it downloaded at 1080p - Dolby Atmos (EAC3-JOC0) as noted by KidJoe as such for streaming 6 channel-Atmos.

Comment

You do also need a receiver or soundbar capable of reproducing the Atmos channel as well. otherwise, it is just 5.1

The receiver I have in the living room can, but I do not have the speakers for it....yet

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
                  Do not know about that download as noted but I just downloaded the new release from Netflix posted today...."Hustle (2022)" with Adam Sandler and it downloaded at 1080p - Dolby Atmos (EAC3-JOC0) as noted by KidJoe as such for streaming 6 channel-Atmos.
                  Thanks I’ll try that one and see what I get

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
                    You do also need a receiver or soundbar capable of reproducing the Atmos channel as well. otherwise, it is just 5.1

The receiver I have in the living room can, but I do not have the speakers for it....yet
                    I do yes. 7.2.4 Using Apple tv4k for playback with Plex.

Comment

Thank you much sir. Are there certain streaming boxes that can play these files back using Plex? I currently have an Apple tv4k. I’m assuming they download in mp4 format.
                      StreamFab can download in MP4 or MKV, there is a setting for this. I believe the default is MP4 (but its been a while since I did a fresh install, so I don't remember).

My basement (with 5.1.4 with ATMOS setup) is a couple of weeks away from being finished.

Long story short, since my family room setup is only 5.1 speakers, I can't enable ATMOS on the receiver to know if it will indicate ATMOS when playing. That being said, the input info the receiver shows for these files while playing is exactly the same as playing them back from Amazon, HBOMax or Disney+ so they should give me ATMOS when played locally. With Plex and my Roku Ultra 4800 and Roku Ultra 4760, there is no audio transcoding happening for these files.

I don't have an Apple TV device. So I can't say how that handles these files.

So as long as your setup supports ATMOS (i.e. your sound bar or receiver/speaker setup) then you should get ATMOS playing these back.

Comment

I do yes. 7.2.4 Using Apple tv4k for playback with Plex.
                        Audio Playback with plex can be fun. For the most part plex will try to pass the audio through if the device supports it. My Chromecast plugged directly into my receiver won't transcode. The one plugged into the TV instead of the sound bar transcodes it to opus 2 channel.

If I had the atoms speakers on my receiver I would have the Atmos audio

I should have read KidJoe's response first. Basically, what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

And I say Lossy ATMOS because its compressed and in Dolby Digital+ for streaming, and so not the same as Lossless or uncompressed Atmos in TrueHD that you'd find on a disc.

I am NOT seeing this sound option (EAC3-JOC)(on netflix title Hustle anyway)(or on new fantastic beast title ON HBO, only see english and spanish there), just updated SF to latest. I see Multichannel (EAC3) and Stereo (EAC3), for Hustle. I do have a 7.2.4 atmos system with marantz 6011 and easily playback atmos titles for apple, vudu, disney +, etc as well as 4k and regular blueray. On a side note can i message you directly as to not blow up this post? I have a few ?s about dvdfab also.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
                            have you tried any non netflix titles? D+, HBO etc

Comment

have you tried any non netflix titles? D+, HBO etc
                              for HBO, try with Dune (2021) and see if you can get Dolby Atmos

Comment

Working...
                              X