Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo-Speed

Hey,

I have the fully licensed copy of streamfab and was just wondering why I cant toggle on the turbo speed option. I have not used the program in a while but from what I remember we could in the past. Did this feature get changed or something?

Thanks.

I can toggle the button to "on/off" in StreamFab, but it doesn't really effect the speed of download for me.

1. Toggling it "On/Off" doesn't seem to make any difference in the downloading speed if you do this while the video is downloading.
    2. Turning off the "Turbo Speed", restarting StreamFab and having it start with "Turbo Speed" off doesn't seem to make any difference in the downloading speed compared to starting it with "Turbo Speed" on.

Questions that I have.

1. What speed is the download set to or restricted to inside of the StreamFab software with and without "Turbo Speed" (which doesn't seem to work)?

(An alternate software consistently downloads at twice the speed of StreamFab)

2. Are there site specific download settings within StreamFab for download speeds?

(There was a statement previously by a moderator on one post that the programmer would adjust the speed of downloading from one site because it was slow)

Attached Files

Comment

It has absolutely no effect for me either, on or off, I was attributing that to my ISP but now I see I am not the only one.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

The Turbo-Speed feature only takes effect when downloading using YouTube Downloader.

Comment

Mona,
          Just curious with regards to the YouTube Downloader turbo setting... Does setting the Turbo-Speed off have any particular benefit? Does quality improve at the slower speed? On the other hand, conversely, do we sacrifice anything by turning it on?

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            The Turbo-Speed feature only takes effect when downloading using YouTube Downloader.
            Thanks Mona for the clearing this up!

The manual mentions "Turbo Speed" in the introduction (See Attached) but it doesn't say it's specific to YouTube Downloader.

It's lumped in with "Features at a Glance" that also includes downloading videos from Netflix, Disney+, etc...

1. Maybe they could add to the description of "Turbo Speed" sentence under "Features at a Glance" to include "when using Youtube Downloader"?

Suggested: Turn on the Turbo-Speed to download music and videos 10x faster when using YouTube Downloader

2. Could you suggest/ask the programmer/developer to perhaps change the description of "Turbo Speed-On" in StreamFab to say something like "YouTube DL Turbo Speed"?

It appears under all site downloads and that caused confusion about it's specific function.

I'd guess changing the description to avoid confusion would be easier than having the function only appear when using YouTube Downloader.

I did search for information on Turbo-Speed, and found it (see attached) in the manual, but that did not clarify.

I also found other references (see attached) from sites when searching for "StreamFab Turbo" in Google that wrongly said that Turbo Mode helped in downloading from other modules like Hulu and Disney+, etc...

So there is some confusion that modifying the descriptor in the StreamFab for Turbo Speed might prevent.

Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              Mona,
              Just curious with regards to the YouTube Downloader turbo setting... Does setting the Turbo-Speed off have any particular benefit? Does quality improve at the slower speed? On the other hand, conversely, do we sacrifice anything by turning it on?
              The Turbo Speed will quicken the download speed for YouTube downloads, and it won't affect those of the VIP Services no matter whether Turbo Speed is turned on or off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Thanks Mona for the clearing this up!

The manual mentions "Turbo Speed" in the introduction (See Attached) but it doesn't say it's specific to YouTube Downloader.

It's lumped in with "Features at a Glance" that also includes downloading videos from Netflix, Disney+, etc...

1. Maybe they could add to the description of "Turbo Speed" sentence under "Features at a Glance" to include "when using Youtube Downloader"?

Suggested: Turn on the Turbo-Speed to download music and videos 10x faster when using YouTube Downloader

2. Could you suggest/ask the programmer/developer to perhaps change the description of "Turbo Speed-On" in StreamFab to say something like "YouTube DL Turbo Speed"?

It appears under all site downloads and that caused confusion about it's specific function.

I'd guess changing the description to avoid confusion would be easier than having the function only appear when using YouTube Downloader.

I did search for information on Turbo-Speed, and found it (see attached) in the manual, but that did not clarify.

I also found other references (see attached) from sites when searching for "StreamFab Turbo" in Google that wrongly said that Turbo Mode helped in downloading from other modules like Hulu and Disney+, etc...

So there is some confusion that modifying the descriptor in the StreamFab for Turbo Speed might prevent.

Thanks!
                I will pass your message and the available info to the person in charge, thank you for the input.

Comment

Working...
                X