Pihole and analysis failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pihole and analysis failures

Hey all, thought I would share something I have noticed. I run a pihole (https://pi-hole.net/) on my network which is just software running on a raspberry-pi that intercepts all dns lookups. If they are for a known ad server it blocks the lookup so the ad never loads. I have always had to temporarily disable them when recording from Paramount+ since they require you letting them show you ads. I have found recently though that I also have to disable it when I try and record from Amazon. If I forget I get an Analysis Failure message. I can then disable the pihole, and try again, and it works fine. If you are getting analysis failures from Amazon, try disabling any ad blocking software you have.

Excellent tip! Some router firmware also have ad blocking built-in and it should be disabled before attempting a download.

KidJoe, you might want to add this to your FAQ.

Comment

I've had no issues with Amazon yet, so I have nothing to offer there, but for Paramount+, s0.2mdn.net is the only one I currently need to allow through to get it working. However, I'm not using pi-hole and it is probable that we are using different lists (since you are having issues with Amazon and I am not), so you may have others that will also need to be allowed through.

EDIT: I recall having to also allow static.2mdn.net through when I first figured this out, but I was recently able to re-ad static.2mdn.net to my block list and P+ has continued to work. If s0.2mdn.net alone doesn't work, you may want to try unblocking static.2mdn.net as well and see if that helps.
      Last edited by Dog; 06-18-2022, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X