Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures created by files in temp directories not deleted/cleaned up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures created by files in temp directories not deleted/cleaned up?

I noticed that StreamFab stores pictures retrieved for files in two different places in "temp" directories:

C:\Users\User ID|Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\MetaPicture

and

C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab\Localdata\Pict ure\ under the "Streaming Service Name"

These files don't seem to be deleted when exiting StreamFab and relaunching, clearing the browser history in StreamFab app nor when rebooting the P.C.

After a while, these directories can become quite large.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 07-08-2022, 03:16 PM.

Hello Mike, It's not very clearly labelled but if you look at this thread,https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...te-these-files you'll see that Mona has acknowledged this issue and said that the developer will look into it. I reverted back to 5.0.4.0 which doesn't have the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky West View Post
      Hello Mike, It's not very clearly labelled but if you look at this thread,https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...te-these-files you'll see that Mona has acknowledged this issue and said that the developer will look into it. I reverted back to 5.0.4.0 which doesn't have the issue.
      Thanks!

I did not see that it was already reported.

I'm glad other people noticed this too and it's being addressed.

I noticed my SD main drive free space seemed to be shrinking some and searched by date for files and found those.

It also had the cool effect of me searching for "hidden files" after changing view so it would show them and I found tons of files from when I upgraded from Win 7/64 pro to Win 10/64 pro that could be safely deleted.

So the StreamFab problem with not deleting those temp files accidentally helped me.

Mike
      Last edited by Mike_M; 07-08-2022, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X