Amazon Prime - slow downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime - slow downloads

Windows 10/64bit, USA (Central Region), No VPN, current StreamFab Version 5.0.4.5/Tested 5.0.4.2 also

For some reason Amazon downloads thru StreamFab have been slow lately for me.

Before someone suggests installing from offline StreamFab, that is how I've been doing for past few months.

StreamFab has been getting a little over 2Mbps - I used to get about 12Mbps.

I have many different movies from Amazon over the past few days and am doing a test of "Out Of The Furnace" for documentation.

I even tried uninstalling current version 5.0.4.5 and installing a previous version of StreamFab 5.0.4.2 and it's also slow (see attached).

Alternative software connecting thru same computer is getting over 15Mbps during downloading.

Same computer, same internet provider, same IP/session, connecting at the same time or trying each running by itself - Same results.

I have now downloaded 3 movies from alternative software from Amazon in 10 minutes - Out of the furnace, 7500, and When Icarus Fell and the one movie via StreamFab is still running and is estimated to complete in over 40 minutes.

Have tried recycling Internet Modem, re-booting the computer, deleting cache & log files, etc... - No change in speed.

Attachments:

Will include Zipped logs in next post in this thread after this test finishes for 5.0.4.2 (says in about 40 mins from now for 1 movie - "Out Of The Furnace") because if I attach them to this, Forum will not attach
    Example of StreamFab Amazon "Out of The Furnace" showing Mbps StreamFab 5.0.4.5 with nothing else running
    Example of StreamFab Amazon "Out of The Furnace" showing Mbps StreamFab 5.0.4.2 with nothing else running
    Three movies downloaded via alternative software in 10 mins (Directory listing)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 07-25-2022, 09:51 AM.

Attached:

Amazon Out Of the Furnace Movies - StreamFab 5.0.4.2 zipped logs
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 07-25-2022, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I have noticed this also.
      I used to get @25MB/s

Right now it is 7.66MB/s

I have seen it go down to 900kp/s

No other streaming or any other background tasks running.

Amazon just slow.

Hulu however is fast as hell compared to previous updates.

my cents

Comment

I am also having same issue. I have already reported in the below thread

Hello, from past 3 days i have been observing downloads are very very slow when i am trying to download a movie from amazon. i am literally getting download speed in kbps. i can confirm that i am getting good speeds in other applications ( outside streamfab). i have attached the log. can someone please look into the issue

Comment

Originally posted by beamer View Post
          I have noticed this also.
          I used to get @25MB/s
          Right now it is 7.66MB/s
          I have seen it go down to 900kp/s
          No other streaming or any other background tasks running.
          Amazon just slow.
          Hulu however is fast as hell compared to previous updates.
          my cents
          Off Topic: I don't use Hulu anymore, had to cut back and it & Apple+ weren't used that much by me - Did you know The Orville will also be available on Disney+ on 8/10/22?...

Sometimes the download speeds are ok, but lately a lot of slowness.

This has occurred on Amazon Prime only movies, movies I've purchased, and channels I've subscribed too (like Paramount+, Discover+, Starz, Showtime, etc...)

StreamFab is not always slow, sometimes it's ok, but lately I've experienced a lot of the slowness using StreamFab.

It does seems to be StreamFab specific and not my internet, computer, IP address or Amazon itself since it's just a fast as usual via alternative for same movies.
          Last edited by Mike_M; 07-25-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post
            I am also having same issue. I have already reported in the below thread

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-are-very-slow
            Hmm...

Just saw your comment in thread.

"I can confirm that i am getting good speeds in other applications ( outside streamfab).

Same here, but luckily it's never slowed down that much for me on Amazon using StreamFab.

Have not had any slowdowns via alternative.

Comment

Mike,

StreamFab has been getting a little over 2Mbps - I used to get about 12Mbps.
              Do you actually mean MBps instead of Mbps? I know people have a tendency to write it any way they type it and it is accepted by the reader reading it but in this case, since we are dealing with a speed issue, it is important to get it right. Mbps is roughly 1/8th of MBps.

I don't have the Showtime Channel on Prime Video and so I was unable to test Out of the Furnace. I was able to test 5700 and When Icarus Fell.
              I have 300 Mbps (37.5 MBps) service through Xfinity-East Coast. My speed results (at around 5:45pm) for When Icarus Fell were about 9.50 MBps video and 9.0 MBps audio which is nothing spectacular but is good. My test of 5700 was weird and it did something I never saw before from StreamFab. I ran the test and got roughly 20 MBps video and 20 MBps audio, which is good. Then, for reasons unknown, it went back and downloaded the video and audio again at a rate of about 14 MBps. Did StreamFab realize that something was wrong with the first download and decided to do a second? Anyway, that's a topic for another time but I found that unusual.

So, I'm sorry but I can't confirm your problem. Perhaps you use a different server or CDN than I do and your's is having problems? I know you tried alternative software and got good results but there are so many factors when it comes to speed. Whatever it is, I hope it clears up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                Mike,

Do you actually mean MBps instead of Mbps? I know people have a tendency to write it any way they type it and it is accepted by the reader reading it but in this case, since we are dealing with a speed issue, it is important to get it right. Mbps is roughly 1/8th of MBps.

Perhaps you use a different server or CDN than I do and your's is having problems? I know you tried alternative software and got good results but there are so many factors when it comes to speed. Whatever it is, I hope it clears up for you.
                Yep, I have a habit of writing Mbps when I mean MBps. It's the download rate that SteamFab is showing, usually at least 12 for Amazon, but less lately.

Like I said the same Internet connection, computer is not experiencing any slowdowns with alternative software when I connect at the same time either concurrently or with either software only.

Have rebooted modem, computer, reinstalled from offline, cleared cache & temp files - doesn't make a difference.

Just on Amazon sometimes (more frequently lately) and others are having the same issue with Amazon Prime slowdowns per responses & other posts.

Not a big deal to me since I've got the alternative means and have been doing files lately from both sources, and using the one that's best resolution, sound (Dolby, etc) and bitrates.

Sometimes one is better than the other, so it's worth it to me.

Comment

PMJI, just to check myself, are you talking about when it downloads the video part? or when it downloads the audio part.

For example, I downloaded Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins. It came down with Audio and Video as separate downloads. The video portion hovered around 58 MB/s (a 2.72GB file) with highs as much as 62 and lows around 56. Then the audio portion came down at about 3 MB/s, but being a 558 meg file, it didn't take long. (I have comcast 1gbps service)

Comment

Working...
                  X