Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hulu Handmaid's Tale All Episodes - low bitrate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu Handmaid's Tale All Episodes - low bitrate?

I am having a problem understanding downloads of these episodes. They last about an hour and are supposed to be in 1280x720 with a bitrate of 4487 kb/sec. Yet the resulting mp4 file is about 335 MByte. How is that possible? Other stuff from Hulu with the same specs is at least about 600 MByte, still on the low side. According to the log it did download: SelectResolution : "1280:720:4448887"
    But what did I actually get? Thanks for anyone who can help to explain this. Log is attached.
    Attached Files

We got more than 400MB. Maybe you can try again and see the result.

Comment

you are not grabbing a good Bit rate from Hulu I have been saying this for a while already you used to and hope you will fix Hulu

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        We got more than 400MB. Maybe you can try again and see the result.
        I don't know what's wrong. I tried again with the newest version of StreamFab. Downloaded season 5, episode 3. I got a downloaded file size of 251,623,298 bytes!!! I selected the highest bitrate. Everything in the logs looks good. The download I selected is 1280x720 (Bitrate 4448 kbps). What is kbps - kByte/sec or kbit/sec? Because if it's kbit/sec, that would be simply unacceptable. And if it is kByte/sec then you can't really say you compress all that data into just 251 Million bytes when you re-encode. I simply don't understand. Something is very wrong here. And it only happens with Hulu - and on Hulu with a lot of TV shows.

Comment

Working...
        X