Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peacock --- which audio track? And can we fix the log out problem please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock --- which audio track? And can we fix the log out problem please?

When I access L&O SVU I get an extra audio track option that I don't know what it is.
    I get English, English and English Audio Description. The 2nd English track appears to have an orange play button |> pointing at it. I wasn't sure at first so I grabbed both, they appear identical. Same bit rate, same channels, no extra dialog.

As far as a log out problem, I reported a couple of months ago and was directed to do the usual stuff, delete the folders, no good. Completely remove and fresh install, no good. I just saw another user confirm the same problem, they describe it that if the window is not focused on Peacock, it logs out. I did notice when I first start the program, the information window indicates the various log ins.

And sometimes (like just 15 minutes ago) I seem to have the same problem I am having with P+, the entire episode is not in the final file. It was 10 minutes short.
    Last edited by MrGrackle; 09-27-2022, 03:15 AM.

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
    When I access L&O SVU I get an extra audio track option that I don't know what it is.
    I get English, English and English Audio Description. The 2nd English track appears to have an orange play button |> pointing at it. I wasn't sure at first so I grabbed both, they appear identical. Same bit rate, same channels, no extra dialog.
    When playing the video via a regular browser, same case?
    Please give us the video link and related screenshots. Thanks.

As for the log out problem, I am afraid that there isn't a solution at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      As for the log out problem, I am afraid that there isn't a solution at the moment.
      Mona and Wilson,

Could you ask the developers/programmers if there is anyway that a timed "screen refresh" could be programmed into the Peacock+ download module only?

Since Peacock+ streaming service seems to have such a short logout and needs some kind of "keep alive" communication.

The screen refresh might trick the streaming app into *not* logging off if refreshed - just an idea that I mentioned in a earlier post.

Maybe this will at least allow users to have multiple streaming services running in their queue if they display Peacock+ on the home screen in StreamFab - even if it is down in the queue behind other streaming services and not being processed at the time.

It would be *awesome* if it also worked if Peacock+ was not being displayed on the home screen in StreamFab, but don't know if the refresh can be sent programmatically by you if it's not being displayed.

The developers/programmers also need to test that this refresh does not cause a problem if Peacock+ is not being displayed on the home screen in StreamFab.

We don't want to have a fix that breaks something else...

Thanks!

Mike
      Last edited by Mike_M; 09-30-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Mike,
        I've got to be honest with you, I've never been logged off by Peacock. I keep reading people writing about it here but I have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe it's my way of doing things? I choose a streaming provider, let's say Amazon, and go into the website and choose one video or more with me adding it to the queue for each one. Then I go up to the Amazon tab at the top and close it. Then I hit the X for the Amazon Recent History and make that go away. Then I might choose another streamer, Peacock this time. Same steps - choose video(s), add to queue and when done I close the Peacock tab on top and X-out the Recent History. Repeat with another streamer, if necessary. I've gotten whole seasons on Peacock (and every other streamer) this way without a logoff. I honestly have never seen it.

Comment

The only way I get Peacock to stop logging me off is if it's the only thing I'm downloading in SF. And I have to keep it open in the SF browser. If I go to another streaming browser or leave it on the downloading page Peacock will sign out. And I have to log in again if I close and re-open SF. Cats4U you seem to be lucky

Comment

I'm also seeing the auto-log-off behavior. In my web browser all I have to do is click 'Sign In' and I'm signed back in without actually having to enter my credentials. However, in StreamFab I have to enter my credentials when I first open the Peacock tab, and then again if anything I'm d/l'ing from Peacock is not downloaded within 15 or so minutes of logging in - e.g. if I have a season of something from another service in the queue ahead of anything from Peacock, by the time StreamFab gets to the Peacock downloads the analysis and downloads will fail until I login with my credentials yet *again*.

I admit I'm a bit envious of Cats4U's experience - heck, for whatever it's worth, I'd be satisfied if the in-client behavior mimicked what I see in my web browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog View Post
              I admit I'm a bit envious of Cats4U's experience - heck, for whatever it's worth, I'd be satisfied if the in-client behavior mimicked what I see in my web browser.
              Wow, I'm not used to someone being envious of me. It's a weird feeling.
              I wish I knew why it was not happening to me. The only thing I can think of is that method I use that I wrote about above. Set up the queue, delete the Peacock tab, X-out the Recent History, do the download. Why don't you give it a try? I'd be curious to see if that is what is preventing the logouts.
              In the meantime, I'll try to see if I can make it logout for me.

Comment

Peacock NEVER logs me out in regular Firefox. I don't know how cookies are stored in SF but there has to be a correlation.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	svu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	416016

As you can see, there are 3 audio options from the program. I suspect the problem is that when you click on the TV show URL it looks at the most recent season and sorts options that way. That is the same problem we get with Netflix and the bitrate, forced subs and such being wrong. The only workaround for the latter is to play the video of the episode you want to download, then pause it. When SF looks at the show, it looks at the options for the episode you paused instead of episode 1 or most recent episode.
                  Last edited by MrGrackle; 10-09-2022, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X