• Show
Clear All

Peacock Very Slow

This version has made peacock very slow for some reason
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Justin View Post
    This version has made peacock very slow for some reason
    Justin,

Yep, I noticed this too with current version.

I installed 5.0.5.3 on another SSD Drive cloned drive today (Amazon Prime day Crucial SSD 1TB for $75) that's also attached to my computer - interrupt the boot & simply choose it as the primary boot drive.

A *lot* easier than uninstalling/deleting temp/cache/etc, reinstalling from offline copy as admin, etc...

It's a lot faster for Peacock for me using 5.0.5.3, plus it's working without any issues for Vampire Academy Episodes.

This way I can boot to 5.0.5.3 for fast Peacock vs. now it's slow for me 5.0.5.6.

Also: some problems today with Peacock telling me I had too many interactive logins, I think StreamFab is not releasing them and they show as active even though I logoff from within StreamFab - had to logon in regular browser & signout all devices under account in Peacock today, wait 15 minutes, due to a lot of logons/logoffs for testing Peacock.

I only have it on 2 TV's (Bedroom/Living Room) and active in Streamfab when using - no one else uses my logons.

Peacock is set to 3 active logons per account I believe.

Keeping past offline versions of StreamFab and now booting from a different version for various StreamFab issues...

Will be glad when "alternative software" adds Peacock which they said is next.

Mike

Are we having fun yet? /s
    Last edited by Mike_M; 10-07-2022, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Also: some problems today with Peacock telling me I had too many interactive logins, I think StreamFab is not releasing them and they show as active even though I logoff from within StreamFab - had to logon in regular browser & signout all devices under account in Peacock today, wait 15 minutes, due to a lot of logons/logoffs for testing Peacock.
      Mike, did you check to see if you have one or more qcef.exe processes left running after StreamFab is shut down, like I told you about in another message?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Mike, did you check to see if you have one or more qcef.exe processes left running after StreamFab is shut down, like I told you about in another message?
        Cats4U,

Sorry I didn't reply to that.

I ran about 10 different tests on Peacock downloading Vampire Academy episodes and every one of them came out screwy for at least 3 hours.

After running a few, I'd zip the logs and then clear them.

Two times when I went to clear them they wouldn't clear - this after closing StreamFab.

Sure enough, the culprit was Qcef.exe processes running and keeping the path/directory open - had to manually kill.

I don't know what's happening, just that there some buggy stuff going on between StreamFab/Peacock not properly combining files for me and logging off.

I could see the full file size of the video pop up for a few seconds at the end of processing in StreamFab while monitoring the temp file directory of Peacock during processing, but then a partial file was output by StreamFab.

I've done nothing different in uninstalling/clearing temp/cache, reinstalling from offline, etc.. , and hope the programmers look at my zipped log files to see.

Got so frustrated that I decided to clone system to another drive and try different versions, 2nd one I tried 5.0.5.3, ran a lot faster for Peacock than current version and didn't have the quirks of no-video, partial video etc.. that about 8 tests of current version did for me.

This and the problem with running up against the Kitty Cat picture from Peacock saying I had too many log ins, and having to logon with normal browser and logout all devices due to previous StreamFab connections not disconnecting and causing.

I tried a lot of logons with Chrome, Firefox and Edge for Peacock too and played some videos & then logged off.

Then checked devices under Account in Peacock and those were properly released and not listed under Account/Devices in Peacock.

Mike

Comment

So you did see the qcefs but it had no direct effect on the cat telling you that you had too many log ins? Well, there goes that theory.

I know you've said in past messages that you always run SF in Admin mode, how about trying it in regular user mode for that Vampire Academy problem? Just another theory. I've got a million of them.

Comment

I have reverted back to 5.0.3.0 alos and working fine way faster

Comment

any update on a fix for this the speed has been cut in half in this verison

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Peacock is slow.gif
Views:	191
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	416244

Its worse in 5057, I am talking B/s, not KB/s not MB/s but B/s.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                X