HBO Max download is only randomly working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO Max download is only randomly working

When downloading TV series typically only some of the episodes downloads completely. As an example; What we do in the shadows, season 3 only episode 1, 3, 4 and 10 were complete. The other ones where only a few seconds / minutes long. Same happened with Avenue 5, where some more were successful with several attempts. And, there is a mix of 1080p and 720p for the downloads, both successfully ones and failed ones. Log file attached.
    Attached Files

What region location of HBO Max are you writing about? What We Do In The Shadows is not on HBO Max in the US. It is on Hulu.

Comment

The 720 thing on HBO Max has been a problem with all content added after sometime around April, 2022, I think they're re-encoding older uploads as well now. Every couple of months a dvdfab employee will say they're working on it. But there's no evidence of that yet.

A major competitor fixed the same issue in their software in a couple of days. It's not impossible to solve, and probably not even super difficult if the other company fixed it so quickly. I feel dvdfab just isn't focusing any real effort in solving it.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
        The 720 thing on HBO Max has been a problem with all content added after sometime around April, 2022, I think they're re-encoding older uploads as well now. Every couple of months a dvdfab employee will say they're working on it. But there's no evidence of that yet.

A major competitor fixed the same issue in their software in a couple of days. It's not impossible to solve, and probably not even super difficult if the other company fixed it so quickly. I feel dvdfab just isn't focusing any real effort in solving it.
        And what you fail to mention, since Sept. 15th, the other guy is in the same boat. To quote one of their customers on their website...
        Most of the stuff is now only 720p, while the new movies are in 540p, so I can't even download the movies
        StreamFab seems to be equal parts 720p and 1080p now. I haven't seen any 540p.

Comment

The region is the Nordic countries. It doesn't matter if I select 720p as the format . It still fails to download the file. The episode plays just fine in the browser. I would appreciate if a dvdfab employee would look into this as missing several episodes in a TV series kind of ruin the value of this product.

Comment

Tried downloading What We Do in the Shadows HBO MAX S04 also tried with StarGirl S03 downloads video but not subtitles sometimes I get Swedish subtitles sometimes I get English subtitles, also tried with 5.0.5.3 version, 5.0. 5.6, same result log file on first 4 episodes What We Do in the Shadows S
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eiha View Post
              When downloading TV series typically only some of the episodes downloads completely. As an example; What we do in the shadows, season 3 only episode 1, 3, 4 and 10 were complete. The other ones where only a few seconds / minutes long. Same happened with Avenue 5, where some more were successful with several attempts. And, there is a mix of 1080p and 720p for the downloads, both successfully ones and failed ones. Log file attached.
              The developer will check your report.

Comment

Originally posted by tomolo View Post
                Tried downloading What We Do in the Shadows HBO MAX S04 also tried with StarGirl S03 downloads video but not subtitles sometimes I get Swedish subtitles sometimes I get English subtitles, also tried with 5.0.5.3 version, 5.0. 5.6, same result log file on first 4 episodes What We Do in the Shadows S
                Okay, I have passed your message and the log file to the developer.

Comment

it's a bit of a hit and miss to get the subtitles on the series when you tick the ones you want for Nordic you have the following choices English, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, then it has to look like this sv-SE,en-US ,da-DK,fi-FI,no-NO, in the subtitlebox not only sv,en,da,fi,no, with the new House of the Dragon_S01E08_The Lord of the Tides, it works well also tried on a slightly older movie The Gathering Storm works the good.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post

the competition is at 720 also, believe me I know. I bought it hoping to get 1080

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post

the competition is at 720 also, believe me I know. I bought it hoping to get 1080
                      It's actually not. I've consistently been able to download new content from HBOMax in 1080 or 816p since April, and still had no issues as of yesterday, so believe me when *I* know that they really *did* they fix it a week after the DRM shakeup.

I don't get it - why would you buy it "hoping to get 1080," when you would have had ample opportunity to find out whether you could get 1080p or not well before you bought, since they offer it on an excellent trial basis?

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

It's actually not. I've consistently been able to download new content from HBOMax in 1080 or 816p since April, and still had no issues as of yesterday, so believe me when *I* know that they really *did* they fix it a week after the DRM shakeup.
                        It actually is. You just have been lucky picking what is 1080 and 816p BUT most of the downloads and I mean the majority are only 720 and 544p now. And the last DRM shakeup for HBOMax, they were down for a whole day until one guy came in the next day to recover it while StreamFab was not effective with the change, that is when they lost 4K also, so it works both ways.
                        Last edited by Down2Earth; 10-12-2022, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

It actually is. You just have been lucky picking what is 1080 and 816p BUT most of the downloads and I mean the majority are only 720 and 544p now. And the last DRM shakeup for HBOMax, they were down for a whole day until one guy came in the next day to recover it while StreamFab was not effective with the change, that is when they lost 4K also, so it works both ways.
                          I probably have been lucky - apparently there was another changeup on September 15th, but everything I downloaded from the "just added" selections for October I got in 1080p (and possibly 816, I'd have to check), so go figure.

Since the competition quickly resolved the issue in April I have no doubt they'll fix this one again, but as StreamFab has had six months to crack it and still hasn't delivered, in spite of claiming to be "working on it," I pretty much have zero faith that they'll make the latest DRM change any sort of priority. It's really too bad.
                          Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-12-2022, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

And now StreamFab, in addition to only downloading HBOMax in 720p, can only deliver audio in AC3, not the previous EAC3 - and that extends to older content. This is a major global streaming service, and restoring it to match the competition's standards should have been an equally major priority six months ago.

Instead, we get notices for the upcoming StreamFab 6, with no doubt more cost involved for owners of the current software, and add-on sales pitches for every 2nd, 3rd and below lower-tier service. It's all at the expense of the major services like HBO and Apple and Paramount that they claim to maintain - and clearly don't.

As other topics on this forum have noted, it's no longer worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

And now StreamFab, in addition to only downloading HBOMax in 720p, can only deliver audio in AC3, not the previous EAC3 - and that extends to older content. This is a major global streaming service, and restoring it to match the competition's standards should have been an equally major priority six months ago.

Instead, we get notices for the upcoming StreamFab 6, with no doubt more cost involved for owners of the current software, and add-on sales pitches for every 2nd, 3rd and below lower-tier service. It's all at the expense of the major services like HBO and Apple and Paramount that they claim to maintain - and clearly don't.

As other topics on this forum have noted, it's no longer worth the money.
                              Why did you tag me again as on tag on for your StreamFab rant?

Since we are here, let's start with you being able to download 1080 and 816p from the just added selection from the competition, went through that whole list of 30 movies and only 6 are downloadable at that resolution. The competition is hurting also but you have faith in them but keep hating here. They said up to 4k HBOMax downloads at first and it was but now they are saying it is not in the cards now, you have a better chance at picking 6 numbers and a powerball number.

Let's be clear everyone can forget about Apple ever getting any better than 480p, they did the same with their music downloads and nobody as anybody is able to still crack it.

Do have faith in the upcoming StreamFab 6, the problem with this company is trying to please the amasses as in you. They try and that is where they fail at.

Comment

Working...
                              X