Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To StreamFab Moderators..... Has StreamFab x64 Version 5.0.5.6 Been Retracted?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To StreamFab Moderators..... Has StreamFab x64 Version 5.0.5.6 Been Retracted?

I am currently running StreamFab x64 Version 5.0.5.4..... so of course whenever I restart StreamFab..... I receive a popup window informing me of my "Current Version" along with the "New Version" available for update.....

I just now noticed that the latest "New Version" available is displaying in the popup as "5.0.5.5".....

Am I correct in assuming that StreamFab has decided to pull 5.0.5.6 because of the various issues which have been posted?.....

And if this assumption is correct..... shouldn't there already be a post by StreamFab management informing users of this decision..... along with the download link for at least version 5.0.5.5..... and probably a good idea to include 5.0.5.4 and 5.0.5.3 as well..... allowing those who desire to do so to reinstall their previous version of choice based on their individual situations?.....

For those of you wishing to do so..... I've attached the download links for the versions I mentioned..... along with a screenshot showing the apparent disappearance of Version 5.0.5.6.

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_505...b_x64_5055.exe

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_505...b_x64_5054.exe

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_505...b_x64_5053.exe

Click image for larger version  Name:	NEW VERSION.png Views:	1 Size:	258.6 KB ID:	415995
    Last edited by weavermovies; 10-08-2022, 06:43 PM.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
    I am currently running StreamFab x64 Version 5.0.5.4..... so of course whenever I restart StreamFab..... I receive a popup window informing me of my "Current Version" along with the "New Version" available for update.....

I just now noticed that the latest "New Version" available is displaying in the popup as "5.0.5.5".....

Am I correct in assuming that StreamFab has decided to pull 5.0.5.6 because of the various issues which have been posted?.....

And if this assumption is correct..... shouldn't there already be a post by StreamFab management informing users of this decision..... along with the download link for at least version 5.0.5.5..... and probably a good idea to include 5.0.5.4 and 5.0.5.3 as well..... allowing those who desire to do so to reinstall their previous version of choice based on their individual situations?.....

For those of you wishing to do so..... I've attached the download links for the versions I mentioned..... along with a screenshot showing the apparent disappearance of Version 5.0.5.6.

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_505...b_x64_5055.exe

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_505...b_x64_5054.exe

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_505...b_x64_5053.exe

Click image for larger version Name:	NEW VERSION.png Views:	1 Size:	258.6 KB ID:	415995
    still shows version 5.0.5.6 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...tember-30-2022
    you can download the offline installer and install the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

still shows version 5.0.5.6 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...tember-30-2022
      you can download the offline installer and install the latest version.
      First..... let me say..... I'm responding in the most non adversarial, non confrontational manner I can.....

Having said that..... I've attached the tail end of the version list from the "Extended Download Service" page.....

Here is the link to that page so you can view the list in its entirety for yourself.....

https://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm?a=e...wnload_service

As you can see by my attachment on this post..... and you will see for yourself if you go to the page..... StreamFab x64 Version 5.0.5.6 no longer is listed.....

I also attached a screenshot of the "Changelog".....

My initial post shows the screenshot of the popup indicating what the current "New Version" is..... 5.0.5.5 vice 5.0.5.6.....

As far as the link you listed in your reply..... that's the link that gets you to the "Sticky Post" which initially announced Version 5.0.5.6 as being ready on 30 September 2022..... and that link is of course present in the post..... which represents nothing more than an artifact remaining that StreamFab forgot to pull down.....

That's all I have to offer.....

The info I posted is here as a public service..... I get no pleasure from posting it..... but others have assisted me in the past and I felt obligated to repay the favors.....

I can assure you I have better things to do with my time than make up situations..... and if that were my thought process..... considering the myriad list of items from which to choose which are currently in need of repair..... I could throw a dart with my eyes closed and discuss whichever item was hit.....

So do with what I've posted whatever you and others decide..... however..... I can say with complete confidence..... I'm done on this subject.

EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE LIST:

Click image for larger version  Name:	LIST.png Views:	0 Size:	27.6 KB ID:	416002

CHANGELOG:

Click image for larger version  Name:	VERSION DOWNLOADERS.png Views:	0 Size:	275.1 KB ID:	416001
      Last edited by weavermovies; 10-08-2022, 10:04 PM.

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

WeaverMovies,

Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably just another quirk in the DVDFab/StreamFab software process.

I know that when you go to the offline versions on DvdFab.cn & StreamFab.com the latest version for download when you do the offline download is 5.0.5.6.

I've been using 5.0.5.3, because of Paramountplus speed being very bad and other quirks on 5.0.5.6 and have been getting a popup to upgrade every time I use it but have been automatically closing them out and didn't notice version offered.

Right now I'm on my StreamFab 5.0.5.6 boot SSD system and running a test (on second movie) of DVDFab AI Enlarger to see if I want to buy it - if it's worth the cost and don't want to interrupt it by booting to other drive because it runs so long due to GPU/processing requirements for AI Enlarger. :-(

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
          WeaverMovies,

Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably just another quirk in the DVDFab/StreamFab software process.

I know that when you go to the offline versions on DvdFab.cn & StreamFab.com the latest version for download when you do the offline download is 5.0.5.6.

I've been using 5.0.5.3, because of Paramountplus speed being very bad and other quirks on 5.0.5.6 and have been getting a popup to upgrade every time I use it but have been automatically closing them out and didn't notice version offered.

Mike
          I'm also seeing 5056 when I check the site for downloads, so go figure.

FWIW, I used to have an independent Paramount+ subscription that overlapped my free trial on Amazon Prime, and I quickly noticed that the audio was half of what I could download with Paramount+ on Prime (and a very noticeable difference, too!), so I ended it and just accessed it through Amazon. So anyone who hasn't tried it yet might want to consider it - if you don't have Prime, maybe try both Prime and Paramount+ on a free trial basis so it won't cost you anything while you get some decent download speeds for a change!
          Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-08-2022, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Hi,

It's fixed on server.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi,

It's fixed on server.

Wilson
              Thank you for taking the time to validate my claim.....

It is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
              X