Apple TV+ never better that 480p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple TV+ never better that 480p

Every movie is either 360 or 480p. Never get HD.

Thats's right. Apple encrypt the files to stop higher resolutions

Comment

Isn't that why we pay for Streamfab? Surely if Apple can do it so can other platforms.

Comment

For the flying high fans, Hi phelings, don't call me "Shirley".

Comment

Originally posted by 77_steve View Post
          Every movie is either 360 or 480p. Never get HD.
          StreamFab uses a method where it looks like a "web browser" to the streaming services, so its bound by those limits. And there are many complaints about resolution watching on a browser NOT Using StreamFab if you google it. For example: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253309808 or https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/com...atically_with/

We are also limited by the DRM setup Apple uses for AppleTV+

Originally posted by phelings View Post
          Isn't that why we pay for Streamfab? Surely if Apple can do it so can other platforms.
          We pay for StreamFab to get around the DRM. At this point, the best case is how they are doing it. I'm not aware of other apps that DOWNLOAD and remove DRM that can get past Apple's DRM. I do see a few stream/screen recorders that claim to get 1080p, but they are not downloaders. And one of the recording products that claims 1080p can't get me higher than 480 or such.

And yes, we are in a cat an mouse game with DRM. StreamFab can try to break it, but if the Streaming sites change what they use, StreamFab has to break it again (hence the current HBOMax debacle). For example, Google is changing Widevine DRM soon, so expect things to break or possibly change for sites like HBOMax, Amazon and others who use it.
          Last edited by KidJoe; 10-27-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X